Which is the Best Face Skin Tightening Treatments Now a Days?

Face Skin Tightening Treatment

At my office we offer the 3D laser for tightening, firming and lifting on the face, neck and/or chest. It's a non invasive treatment with no pain or downtime. You can see results immediately and for best results I recommend a package of three treatments, spaced four to six weeks apart. My patients have seen amazing results!

Thermage is the Best Skin Tightening on the Market

Thermage CPT with the new Total Tip is the best skin tightening on the market.  I have found that it works not only on the face but on all other areas of the body.  One patient of mine wrote to me afterwards that I "gave her back her legs" she was so thrilled.  Through radio frequency technology, Thermage heats up the skin and helps the skin produce new collagen to make your skin look younger and the skin tighter.  Thermage effects last up to two years and is completely painless with no down time.  Please find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Thermage for the best results.

Thermage CPT Total Tip Treatment

In my office I prefer to use Thermage CPT with a Total Tip, this is the newest machine with the most advanced technology. Thermage CPT uses focused radiofrequency energy to stimulate the body’s own natural renewal process utilizing gentle vibrations interspersed with a cooling sensation to make your treatment more comfortable. The Thermage Total Tip delivers double the maximum volume of bulk heat delivery for greater efficacy with the same safety profile.

A Thermage treatment can help improve the appaerance of sagging or loose skin giving you a smoother, younger look with just one treatment and no down time. At my office I do multiple Thermages a week, our patients see results immediately off the table and continue to get improvement with Thermage CPT Total Tip treatments for up to 6 months as their skin regenerates new collagen. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see if this treatment is right for you.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Skin Tightening with the Gentle Yag

We prefer our Fotona NdYag laser tightening to Ultrasound.  We compared the two with split-faced studies with a small number of our patients and staff, and found that Ultrasound (Ultherapy) tightening was significantly more painful, costly (to both patient and physician), and more time consuming with the same or worse results for face and neck tightening.  We realize our sample size was small but the differences between the two approaches were significant to us.  We also use the Yag tightening to treat loose abdomen skin too.  We are now beginning a study with the Yag laser for vaginal tightening or rejuvenation.  We also carry Radiofrequency tightening options at our office which we have had good results with as well.  

Karen Stolman, MD
Sandy Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy

There are a dizzying number of "face skin tightening" treatments available to dermatologists and plastic surgeons these days. It can be a challenge even for us to pick the right device for our patients. Its important to focus on reproducible data points and consistent before/after photography. And don't forget the mechanism of action has to make plain sense. That is, tell me you can reshape deep collagen with powdered ostrich feathers or snail secretions and I just don't get it!

For my office, we selected Ultherapy. One of the limitations to my other laser devices is depth - even my most powerful carbon dioxide laser only penetrates 3-4mm into the skin. That's great for acne scarring, but if I'm trying to tighten underlying connective tissue and subcutaneous fat, I need to get lower. Ultherapy uses target ultrasound to bypass the skin's surface and direct energy right where I need it - 4-7mm where tightening begins from the "ground up". By creating micro-injury to septal fat, overlying skin retraction occurs naturally over the next 1-3 months.
It's a very interesting process to watch unfold and my patients have never been more satisfied. Best of all, there's a bunch of additional applications I believe are coming in the pipeline. Take a look at the link below:

Bobby Buka, MD