iam 31 years old with Indian background . I have prominent nasolibial fold &nasojajular fold . Which procedure is best to address this problem? . My surgeon suggests the deep periostial one but iam concerned it is less invasive . Can you help me
What is the Difference Between Superficial Mid Face Lift and Periostial Mid Face Lift?
Doctor Answers 4
Superficial vs. Periosteal Mid face lift
You are way too young to consider having a mid face lift, and should consider injectable fillers. Per your question, some doctors believe that a periosteal mid face lift may last longer (yet others disagree), but also some believe that this increased longevity may come at the expense of a greater risk of surgical complications.
You are pretty young for a midface lift
I would be curious to see if you would be a better candidate for fat transfer or non-surgical fillers to lift the cheeks and reduce the size of the nasolabial folds
A deeper lift would mean longer lasting results if you considered surgery
Deep or superficial mid face lift for cheek folds
Thank you for your question about mid face lifts.
- Peri-osteal mid-face lifts go down to the bone and below facial tissue.
- Superficial mid-face lifts go above the facial tissue to tighten them.
- Mid-face lifts can improve these folds, can cause distortion and folds can return.
- Fillers and nasolabial fold llposuction are less invasive ways to reduce their size.
- At your age, surgery should be a last resort. Discuss options with your surgeon.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.