What is the Average Cost to Remove Implants?

I have saline implants on top of the muscle and had them done back in the late 80's. I am now 54 years old and the right breast keeps deflating. I want them out!

Average Cost to Remove Implants

While cost is an important factor, you should not base your choice of surgeon solely on fees.

The costs of surgery vary greatly across the country. We charge starting about $2300 + MD Anesthesia Related Costs (if necessary) for breast implant removal.

One main advantage that we have is that we own our AAAASF nationally accredited surgery center. This allows us to maintain staff and MD Anesthesiologist relationships, and manage the costs which allows us to provide a safe and comfortable environment.

Consult with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Average Cost to Remove Implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This may cost $2000 to $3000 on the low end.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast implant removals, breast augmentation revisions, and breast augmentations each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Average Cost Of Implant removal

Thanks for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Average Cost Of Implant removal

Implant removal

If someone is just having the implants removed and there is no significant capsule the cost at our office in Birmingham Alabama is just 2800$ for everything. If a capsule is needing to be treated then it can add about 1000$ to the cost. 

Implant removal

Implant Removal

Implant and capsule removal costs may vary from state to state but the good news is the surgery may be covered by your insurance.  Removing the implants and capsules may also expose you to the need for a lift 

Implant Removal

Breast implant Explant

Breast implant explant is simple. But I believe the capsule should be removed in total, that is total capsulectomy, this will make the surgery more expensive and time consuming. If the capsule is not removed then the cavity can accumulate fluid. Some will leave the capsule, then removing a saline implant can be done under local anesthesia, less expensive, and faster recovery, but has the risk of fluid accumulation and the need for another surgery to remove the capsule.

Breast implant Explant

Breast implant removal

The cost of elective procedures varies by setting of the surgery, the area of the country, and by surgeon.  In Massachusetts I would guess that this procedure would cost between $4000 and $7000.  Best of luck.

Breast implant removal

Removing implants

Removing implants usually is fairly straightforward. As for the fee, it really depends upon the surgeon and the area.

Removing implants