juvederm filler under eye any advice? (photos)

recently got botox around crowsfeet and bunnyline. and now i got weird lines next to my nose between nasolabial folds and tear trough when i laugh or smile. i thought its from old filler i had in my under eye so i dissolved the filler but the lines are still there. so i asked doctor to inject filler to make it look flatter and she injected above the lines but it didnt really help. should i inject more filler above the lines so it might lift the lines? or under lines to fill the dents?

Juvederm filler under the eye

Juvederm is a great option for creating a well rested look in someone who feels they appear tired. The type of juvederm we typically recommend for this procedure is juvederm voluma. This type of injectable hyaluronic acid filler can be expected to last 1.5-2 years.

Columbus Physician

Juvederm filler under eye any advice?

Hi there. I would not use Juvederm in this area as it is not the filler that lays best here I would instead use Restylane. I would put Restylane into both areas a little at a time. I would actually inject into the indentations and below the muscle. Good Luck, Dr. Downie

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler and lines

I would wait and let everything settle, then re-evaluate. It is hard to give specific advice based on the photos. I always look in all directions and most importantly ask patients to animate, namely smile. This will give a better indication as to where to place the filler. For now, wait, then re-evaluate. 
All the bestDr Davin Lim Laser and aesthetic dermatologistBrisbane Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Juvederm and the Eye Area

Juvederm is a great injectable but not necessarily the best for the under eye area.  I prefer Restylane and Belotero in this area.  I would suggest you let the Botox and other products dissolve and re-evaluste after you return to baseline.  Best, Dr. Green

Undereye filler

The photos are limited and do not replace an in-person consultation. However, I get the sense that you may have some residual activity in the nasalis muscle. Also, a small amount of Botox in the pretarsal orbicularis oculi muscle may help with the bulge immediately under the eye when smiling. Finally, the filler I would use around the eyes is either Belotero or Restylane. Juvederm is not ideal around the eyes because it is hydrophilic and often results in swelling and Tyndall.

Lines around eyes

You would do best to wait until all of the things you have done fade away. Then re-evaluate with your physician to figure out the best way to get as close as you can to the image you have inside your head. And it is so important to remember that we very often cannot match that personal image. Go slowly, as it is easy to put more in, but impossible to take it out.

Barry Resnik, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Under eye lines

The upper line you marked is the border of the orbicularis muscle.  In some people this muscle is large and when you smile you will see it.  A little botox into the muscle will keep it a little flatter and you won't notice the line as much.  The lower line can be improved with some HA filler.  Juvederm is not the filler of choice for this area as it can cause some long term edema here. Stick with Restylane or Belotero.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon