Breasts Augmentation post op 11days. Implants feel harder than yesterday. Any suggestions? (photos)

hi its 11days post op for BA. I kept touching and massaging my breasts since post op 1 week and now they feel harder and tighter than yesterday and if i straight my back and breath in, the shape of the implants appear so clearly and tight. i used ice pack to heal the swelling, and now my breasts(skin and fat) got softer but implants are harder and tighter than yesterday. isnt the massage suppose to soften the breasts and implants? am starting to have cc? should i stop touching my breast?

Hello, thank you for your question and photos. In my opinion, you have achieved wonderful results. It is still early in your healing process which includes #swelling of #muscle, changing appearance and your own personal healing. If you are using your arms more, your results will continue to change. It is all a normal process of postoperative #BA healing. I suggest you let your #BoardCertifiedPlasticSurgeon know of your concerns and go to him for #evaluation. Most importantly, rest and eat high protein foods, drink plenty of water. These activities will improve your healing and #restoration period. Best wishes!

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Implants getting harder

Your early result looks very good to me. I believe that the fluctuations in firmness due to the changing tightness of the overlying muscle. As the muscle tightens,  the implant may feel firmer and migrate upward towards the shoulder. As time passes, this will resolve on its own and can be facilitated by stretching and massage. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast firm 1 days post BA

I think you have a beautiful result, and that all will be well.  It is normal for swelling (firmness) to fluctuate as you begin using your arms more.  I advise my patients to take warm (not hot) tub soaks for 20 minutes, 2X daily for 2 weeks.  Check with your doctor, and make sure he/she agrees

Paul Silverstein, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Hard implants

your photos look good 
the breasts need to be massaged to keep them soft
it is only about 11days .
you need to continue massaging 
you may be developing early capsular contracture, so need to continue massaging.and maybe consider a breast massage specialist physiotherapist  if it continues to get harder in the next few weeks 

Kimit Rai, MD, FRCS(C)
Surrey Plastic Surgeon

Breasts Augmentation post op 11days. Implants feel harder than yesterday.

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure.  Based on the photographs, it seems that you have a very nice early outcome. It is not unusual for breasts to fluctuate in firmness after the procedure is performed;  there are many factors at play including the potential of muscle spasm.  It is too early to be concerned about encapsulation (or capsule contraction).  Best, even for your own peace of mind, to follow up with your plastic surgeon who will always be your best resource for accurate assessment, advice, and/or reassurance. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.