Didn't wear the right compression garment after surgery for one month, 3 months post op im now 4 months.

lipo on my tummy, at nearly 4 months post op i lost all my main pressure garments and was being treated for trauma and was on medicine the ruin my brain, i ended up wearing spandex tops thinking that would be OK and a few days days ago i felt my tummy drop. i have been out and got some new ones and started wearing both pressure garments again.Have i ruin the shape of my new tummy? my shape has fallen back into its old shape. its holding together after wearing my garment again. will it be OK?

Surgery didn't last because I couldn't wear my compression garment?

Thank you for asking about your cosmetic surgery.
  • I am so sorry you have had such difficulties.
  • We do not believe that the compression garment affects your final result - although we may be wrong.
  • It sounds as though you are very swollen - and the garment is helping to control the swelling.
  • So continue to wear the garment and have your surgeon check your result.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction, not using proper pressure garments, skin folds, secondary surgery, revision surgery

Thank you for the query. Sorry to know that you are unhappy with the results. Liposuction creates a lot of dead space where the fat has been removed and into these areas the fat must be readjusted to achieve a good result: pressure garments help in this process and therefore patients are advised to use them at least for 12 weeks post operatively. In your case unfortunately you need to see a certified surgeon and decide whether you will need an additional procedure, Skin excesses in the lower abdomen sometimes need a mini tuck but again your surgeon has to decide on this.Best wishesDr Alexander 

Alexander George, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Compression and Liposuction

this is essential and you should speak to your physician if you are concerned about the end results of the procedure.  Best, Dr. Emer.