Red tip of nose. Had fluid coming from tip. After antibiotics no real fluid but still very red. Will it heal? (Photo)

Very soon after rhinoplasty surgery the tip of my nose became red and fluid starting coming out of the very tip.I returned to my surgeon for a week of antibiotic injections. The nose is still red and a bit cracked but doesn't seem to be fluid. Will this eventually heal and how long does it normally take? Can it still be infected?

Red Tip nose

Hi trickjackpot,

Based from the photos, the redness on the tip of your nose is most likely caused by the pressure of the implant against the tip or the skin, which impairs focal area of blood circulation. This may take some time for complete resolution.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Infection after rhinoplasty

This was definitely an infection after your rhinoplasty. Not sure if you had an implant placed in he nose, but it may need to be removed if the redness persists. My suspicion is that you need additional antibiotics. Make sure you are following up very closely with your rhinoplasty surgeon until this is resolved to avoid further complications. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Infection after Rhinoplasty

It looks like you had an infection after rhinoplasty.  It does not seem to deep based on the picture, so you may heal well without significant scarring.

Javad Sajan, MD
Seattle Physician