Is it normal? (Photo)

Hello Doctor, I did a SMAS surgery yesterday and today I got chocked of how deep into my cheek the scar is. I wonder if it is normal? My surging says that it is the way to be, but I have seen many pictures, none of them looks like mine. Please help me to understand. If it is not the way it should to be, it that possible to make scar revision? Thanks for your help

That is an incision for a facelift done by a non-experienced surgeon(?). If it was done by a surgeon!!!!!!
 That is the problem of pursuing tourist cosmetic surgery based on low price in a fourth world country.
Wait at least 6 month and then consider revision, MAY BE it can be improved. With a first class Plastic Surgeon.

Scar after facelift?

Your scar appears very far forward. Get an opinion from an experienced facelift surgeon!    

Scar for facelift

It looks like the incision has been placed a bit too far anterior. Best of luck with your results...

Face lift - is the incision in the right place?

Thank you for your question about your face lift.

• Your surgeon did an incision around the side burns apparently, to avoid going into the temple.
  • Given the position of your side burns, this was probably not the best idea.
  • let yourself heal - once an incision is made, it forms a permanent scar.
  • In six months, if it is not satisfactory, a revision may improve the result.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Incision after facelift

The incision in front of your ear on your cheek is not a typical placement of an incision that would be used for a facelift.  At this point, you should allow everything to heal and then reassess your appearance.  If the scar is noticeable, there may be some treatments that could help to improve it.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Needs more time

Give the tissues and some scars time to heal.
Silicone sheets and gels can help the scars heal faster.
Will need some time to see if your temple and sideburn hair will cover these incisions.

Facelift scars

Facelift incisions are typically camouflaged by placing them in the natural crease between the face and ear, and just underneath the temple and neck hairlines.  I usually place the temple incision quite a bit higher, hugging the tuft of hair above and in front of the ear.  While there's not much to do currently, you may do well to seek out scar revision/ improvement options in the future.  

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon