Will the nipple return to normal after BA?

I had a BA done over one week ago. The nipples seem to look different, like really stretched out. I had zero breast tissue from before so the skin is really stretched. When the skin adapts to the implant, will the nipple look like it used to? Like even if I get cold, it doesn't contract the way it used to. Will this ever return to normal?

Nipple appearance

You probably need to wait a good three to six months or preferably one year for your breasts to conform to the implant and for the capsule to become mature. Everyone is different and it is not really possible to predict nipple contractility. One week is certainly too soon to try to judge the result.

Nipple Appearance

Thank you for your question. Swelling and pressure on the area will affect how your nipples look and feel for some time but you should expect them to return to normal. I recommend that you share any ongoing concern with your Plastic Surgeon so that they can advise you.
All the best

Thank you for your question.  Yes it should return to its normal state once your body has completely healed.  This can take a few weeks or even up to 6 months for some patients.  Allow your body time to heal.  
If you would like more information regarding breast augmentaiton and the recovery process you can download a free copy of my breast augmentation planner at aBetterBreast.com.  
Best of luck to you!

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Most nipples do return to normal size and function after a few weeks to few months. Some areolae do stretch with the enlargement. Please discuss any concerns you have with your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

In general, your nipple/areola complex will be similar to your pre operative state.  If you have tight skin, it may stretch marginally.Best Wishes,Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS