Any suggestions for marionette lines? (photos)

I would like to improve my marionette lines. Shall I inject filler in nasolabial folds, based on my face condition? How to work on marionette lines? Filling them, doesn't make them heavier? thank you

Marionette Line Solutions

Dear Olly99:

Looking at your photos, I would recommend initial mild cheek reflation with a filler like Voluma which will soften up some of your nasolabial and marionette lines and upon 2 week review fill the marionette lines with a filler like Juvederm Volift.  Remember less is more.  All the best.

Marionette lines and Nasolabial folds

All of these conditions can be improved greatly with dermal fillers. Nasolabial folds are often worsened from collagen loss and volume loss at the cheeks, and so filler in the cheeks can soften the folds significantly. The residual folds are then filled with additional filler which give a very nice appearance.

Any suggestions for marionette lines?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for facial rejuvenation with hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers. In particular, I think you would benefit from a small amount of Voluma in your cheeks. Voluma is a thicker HA filler that is meant to be placed deep so as to provide structure and lift. Once the Voluma is in place, you may also decide to have some filler placed in your tear troughs, so as to produce a more rested look. I tend to favor Restylane in this area, as it attracts less water than some other fillers, yet it is hearty enough to provide lasting results. You also may benefit from some filler placed around the mouth, but these lines may soften to your liking with the Voluma alone. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Marionette Lines?

Thanks so much for sharing your questions and photos. For medium to severe lines, a filler would most likely be appropriate, but the photos are not a substitute for an actual examination of the area. Injection of the filler with a layering technique and into the deepest part of the fold is what I've found works the best without making them look "heavier" in either the Marionnette or laugh lines. Speak with a certified injector in your area for a better evaluation. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD