Loss fat under eyes by Botox and Machine. Will fat under eyes reproduce by my age? Is fat atrophy? How can I fix it? (photos)

I'm 28 yrs old suffer from wrong botox injection for 4 mths. Doctor injected for me in wrong area under eyes -corner of under eyes near the nose next to lower eyelid -middle of under eyes near the lower eyelid -back of the eyes near the fine lines area These 3 spots injection cause big bags. I was fix by doctor with Radio Frequency once and Matrix 4 times within 2 months after injection. I found that I completely lost fat under eyes. I have hollow sunken eyes now. Will fat come back by this age?

Fat Loss Under the Eyes

I am sorry to hear about your Botox issues. The fat that you have lost in this area will not come back. You can use fillers such as Restylane, Bellafill or Sculptra to replace the volume you have lost. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Fat loss under eyes

Your lost fat will almost certainly not return. Fillers such as Restylane can achieve a good appearance but the result will only last 6 to 12 months. Fat transfer properly done will achieve an excellent result and last for decades.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat loss under the eyes

Thank you for sharing your problem. Unfortunately, fat loss will not correct itself. Restylane is the best material to improve the appearance in this region. Make sure to see an experienced specialist.  Good luck,

Fat loss after procedures, will it come back

Fat that is lost from this type of issue won't come back. The volume loss needs to be replaced with filler or fat grafting. RF can cause fat loss if the depth is not well controlled. This can easily be improved using Restylane, Bellafill, or Sculptra. Use cannulas for safety and less downtime.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Under eye treatment

hey Kathy thank you for your pictures and your question

You're very pretty which is a great and easy place to start! It does look like you've lost a little fullness under the eye. 

I wouldn't dwell on if the previous treatments as they may or may not have contributed to this effect. 

It sounds like finding a new plastic surgeon who you trust will be a great thing for you.

Regarding adding volume to your under eye area- if it bothers you badly I would recommend to investigate something more permanent since you are so young such as fat repositioning or fat injection. 

Fillers are very temporary and will cost you a good chunk of change every year. 

Hope this helps!

Dr.  Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician

Loss fat under eyes?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that your result has not been what you anticipated.  Though the botox would have worn off the RF may have damaged your fat permanently.  I would allow your results to mature with no further treatments until your tissues have stabilized.  Then you can pursue either fat grafting or dermal filler placement.

Correcting under eye bags

It looks like the Botox was injected improperly.  Once muscles move in unfamiliar ways, it's possible that skin will loosen and create bags.  This can progress with time.

Often, the best solution is to do either under eye filler, such as with Restylane, or a laser skin tightening with Thermage, or a combination of the two.  It's always best to do a one-on-one consultation with an experienced physician to get the best advice

Reza Tirgari, MD
San Diego Physician