Juvederm.

how does juvederm ultra works on tear trough. is it safe to do juvederm voluma for cheek and ultra for tear trough on the same day/

Juvederm

It is best to start with the cheek and then correct the tear trough.  It is fine to be done on the same day.

Juvederm

Juvederm works by filling in areas that have lost volume. I do not recommend using Juvederm in the tear troughs as it can cause continued swelling. I would use Restylane

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Filler treatment

Voluma is a great product to replace volume in the cheek area.  There are several filler products on the market to address the tear trough area.  Discuss your options with an experienced injector to see which would be best for you.  You can have both areas addressed in the same day.

Camille Cash, MD

Juvederm

Thank  you for your question. Hyaluronic Acid fillers such as Juvederm work by replacing lost volume in area they area injected. I would not recommend using Juvederm Ultra in your tear troughs as this can sometimes lead to continued swelling in the area. I would recommend Restylane in this area. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Juvederm for Tear Trough

Juvederm Ultra works on the tear troughs by filling in some of the areas that are depressed or sunken. Although it works well for this area, it may swell and many of my colleagues prefer to use Restylane for this area. 

I think it is fine to use Voluma and Ultra on the same day. You may have a little swelling from the ultra and it may be helpful to use ice and ibuprofen to minimize this.

Kenneth Beer, MD
Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for tear trough is not a good idea

This product leads to problems with swelling that is hard to fix in some cases. I use Restylane there with cannulas. It is fine to use a mixture of products on the same day. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD