Incisions at 10 days post op breast augmentation (Photo)

I had a BA 10 days ago with the incision underneath the breast. The stitches are the ones who dissolve by itself. The scars look really bad, like a fat sausage. I'm only 18 and I've heard young people get nastier scars. Is this a beginning stage and will it flatten out or have I just devolved ugly scars?

Incisions at 10 days post op breast augmentation

You are very early in the healing process. Scars can take a full year to fully mature. Follow up with your surgeon as directed. 

Temporary incision wrinkles

Thank you for the question and photos.  What you are seeing in terms of incision appearance this early on after your breast augmentation procedure is indentations secondary to the internal sutures.  Since both the skin relaxes with time as well as the sutures dissolve with time, your incisions will smooth out over the next few weeks.  Your healing afterwards will determine the final incision appearance.  Things like Embrace may be of help.  Embrace is a scar treatment product.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast Incision

Yes, your scars will get better! They look good for ten days post op. Start doing scar creams and gel and start massaging your scars a few times a day. You will start to notice a big difference. Good luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Inverted edges

You incision looks inverted which is the desired to minimize the tension on the scar.  Those inverted sutures will last for a few months and dissolve.  You will see a flattening of your scars.In the mean while try some scar cream.  Ask your surgeon.Best Wishes,Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS