Had Botox treatment of masseter (for facial slimming) for 5 months but still can't smile or raise my cheeks properly?

Its been 5 months that I had Botox treatment of masseter (for facial slimming), a total of 100 units of botox were used. I still can't smile wide enough as before having the treatment, also unable to riase my cheeks properly. This is really worrying. Is there any treatment that will help get my smile back? Please help.

Botox side effects

Thank you for your question ali_alicia07. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expressions. In the lower face Botox can be placed in the masseter to contour the face. Any time Botox is placed in the skin there is a possibility of spreading of the Botox. If Botox spreads to nearby muscles, these muscles can be relaxed. Nearby the masster are the zycomaticus muscles which are used for smiling. If these muscles are relaxed smiling may be affected. Typically Botox lasts 3-4 months but with higher doses it can last longer. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician