Botox for strabismus?

My eye left eye is lazy and my eyes arent aligned when i do not focus. i did patching when i was younger but it didnt work. im scared of getting surgery. exactly how can botox solve this problem and is it permanent? what can go wrong?

Botox for strabismus?

It is advised that you consult with a strabismus specialist who is also experienced in using Botox to treat this condition. Botox will weaken the overactive ocular muscles that are responsible for the strabismus. As with any treatment there are certain risks but your provider will discuss all these with you in detail during your consultation. The scope of practice for most plastic surgeons and dermatologists does not include Botox injections for strabismus.

Katy General Surgeon