Asymmetric breasts 6 weeks post-op? (Photo)

Hi, I am 6 and a half week post op. 275cc in both breasts. Now my breasts look uneven, left one looks bigger. Will my right one become like the left one? I had slight asymmetry before the surgery. And both of my areola are kind of low, will it get better? Thank you

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Asymmetry

Things look normal at this time in your recovery.  Give it some time and I think you will be happy with your results.  Best wishes.

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric breasts 6 weeks post-op?

Thank you for your photo, it is a pleasure to answer your question. At 6 weeks post op you are very early in your recovery from breast augmentation surgery. Your appearance looks normal at this stage and will continue to improve as the swelling subsides. Sometimes you will have one breast that will settle before the other one. It can take anywhere from 4-6 months for your breasts to fully heal and drop/settle into their final position. Although if you had assymmetry on your pre-op you might still have it on your post-op. I recommend patience and follow up closely with your surgeon. Hope this helps. Good luck. 

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

You are doing great

you need to be more patient. it takes at least 3 months before you can judge your breasts after a BA. 

so far, you look great and they should only keep getting better.

hang in there. try not to be too critical of yourself.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric breasts 6 weeks post-op?

It is far too early to be worried at 6 weeks after breast augmentation.  It will take 3-6 months to see her final result.  I anticipate that he'll be much happier at that point.  However expect that any slight asymmetry that she had before surgery will persist after surgery.