Asian rhinoplasty. My profile is too long and when I smile I look like a bird. Is this my final result? (Photo)

I get that it takes a year to see final results but aren't most of the result seen after at least a month? I wanted a less bulbous, less wide nose. Alarplasty, tip work and gortex was inserted. Is it really just swelling?I really enjoy smiling but now I feel ugly whenever I smile and my nose is still big but now the profile is long and pointy. I feel like I have the same nose but now there's an extra thing I hate about it.

Asian Rhinoplasty - Recovery

This early in your recovery, it is common for the tip of the nose to look like a ball due to all of the swelling. Asian skin certainly is thicker and does swell more than other ethnicities. Your nose will continue to change in appearance, and should improve, as it continues to heal and edema resolves.

Certainly express your concerns to your surgeon, and follow his/her treatment recommendations to ensure the best result.

Early result

Be patient as you are only 1 month after surgery

I can see there is swelling in the photo and quite a bit which will make your tip look like it is hanging more

Asian Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. You are correct in that results and healing are typically finalized after 12 months. Most of the results are not seen after a month. Oftentimes, the patient's results are first visualized after 3-4 months, however, it can take longer. I suggest that you discuss recovery expectations with your single or double board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

This is from Girin Plastic Surgery.

Usually recovery period takes maximum one year. I guess your swelling is gone and your nose seems settled already.
If you are deciding to about revision of rhinoplasty, you should understand two things.
Firstly, surgery makes improvement of your image when your expressionless.
If your nose is still wide when you are smiling, it is relations with your expression. Unfortunately there might be limited to make betterment.
Secondly, If your original nose was long and fat, It can't be supplement perfectly by surgery.
As I see your picture, it is available to reduce area of the bridge of the nose
I recommend you to meet surgeon first and take X-ray.
Surgeon can suggest you for revision rhinoplasty after checking whichever is your original nose and whichever is effective of gortex(Prosthesis)

Seung Ryong Lee, MD
South Korea Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD