Uneven at 5 weeks PO? (Photo)

Good day. I have posted a couple questions pretty much the same before about my left not dropping as my right. I know it takes time but I feel like there is not so much improvement. I have to mention that I got a bigger implant in my left 455 -430 and that sometimes I feel so much tightness in the cleavege as you can see its bigger than the other. I just want to know is this istill normal for someone 5 weeks Post operation? Still bigger, thighter and more rounded than my left? Thank you!

Mild asymmetry

I think your results look excellent.  Yes, there is some very mild asymmetry, but you were obviously asymmetrical to start with (I assume this is the reason for using different implant sizes).  It is almost impossible to leave you with perfectly symmetrical breasts.  They will still continue to settle, too, for many more weeks. 

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

Five weeks is still very early in the recovery process and it is normal to see continued differences between the left and right.  Remember the side with the bigger implant was the smaller breast to begin with and so will need additional time to stretch, settle and accommodate the implant.  When I use different size implants in a patient I tell them it can take up to 3 months for things to even out. Be patient and continue to follow up with your surgeon to monitor your progress. 

Asymmetric Breasts

Hello,You need to be examined.  Photos are insufficient to make a diagnosis. Please visit your surgeon and tell him your concerns. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Thank you for the question and photos but an examination is really needed.  So if you have concerns see your surgeon and be evaluated
Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast augmentation

Everyone heals differently and each breast may feel a bit different as well. They look pretty good to me. Don't expect them to be exactly the same.. They are pretty close in the photos. Good luck.

It is normal to have some asymmetry

you had uneven breast before and that was the reason for different size implant and you should not expect they will be identical. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Uneven at 5 weeks PO

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I am sorry that your current results are causing you concern.  At 5 weeks you are still very early in your recovery with a significant amount of tissue swelling taking place that is maintaining your left implant higher than your right.  Over the next several months your results should soften and the implant volume will redistribute towards the lower portion of each breast affording a more natural result.  Hang in there and voice your concerns to your surgeon, they are in the best position to help provide reassurance. 

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The implants may swell asymmetrically, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Asymmetry After Surgery

Thanks for your question! I have to agree with the others that u really do look great, and that there will always be a mild amount of asymmetry after any surgery. Yes, you are only 5 weeks out from surgery, and this will settle a bit over the next 6-12 months. However, even at this early stage, I think even most of my colleagues like myself who do over 200 of these surgeries per year, and thousands in our careers, would take this result at this point anyday. Best of luck with your outcome, and accepting that.

Robert P. Schmid, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon