Could I tighten my stomach a significant amount with laser lipo or ultra sonic lipo? Trying to avoid tummy tuck (Photos)

I have had one pregnancy. I understand that the best results will Yield from a tummy tuck however I really want to avoid one. Would I have any good results from the laser or ultrasonic liposuction procedures?

Laser Liposuction/Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.  With the skin contracture component of the Vaser, you may not need a Tummy Tuck. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Laser liposuction to improve abdomen skin

Liposuction of any modality would be an acceptable procedure if you have appropriate goals in mind and are not expecting the skin to tighten as a result of liposuction.   Although it would reduce the fatty bulges you will likely be unsatisfied with the skin thereafter as it would likely appear just as loose or looser.  One option would be to proceed with liposuction and do a tummy tuck if it does not meet your goals.   My concern is that you would end up having two surgeries for something that only requires one.  

Be cautious about the claims of significant skin tightening with energy based liposuction such as laser liposuction.  In my experience, many of these women get irreparable deformity caused by a combination of loose skin and burning fat.  

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Yes, either laser or ultrasound assistance will improve skin laxity.  If you don't want a tummy tuck and the scar that this entails then don't feel pressured to do so.  My advice would be to do liposuction and give it every opportunity to work for you.  In the end, if you are not happy with the results from liposuction you can always go back and do the tummy tuck.  Once you have the tummy tuck you can't take it back.

John Burns, MD