Should I have saline or silicones done ? (photos)

I am currently an A cup. I hate my chest because I have a very wide gap in between my chest. Surgery is definitely something I'm looking into. Also I have a dip in my breast looking at it from the left side. I just want big full breast I'm tired of looking like a 11 year old.

4. Should I have saline or silicone implants?

• 1.Currently, I recommend silicone implants to patients over saline. Silicone is much softer, more natural feeling, and more natural looking. Also, the implants they make now are extremely well made and have extremely low incidents of implant rupture. They are medically safe. You have stated that you have a space between your two breasts. The breast implants will make the breasts fuller so it will give the illusion that the space is less. However, your actual breasts will not get closer together on the chest.

Saline or silicone

Thank you for your question. In my practice I use both Saline and Silicone, Cohesive Gel implants. Far more of my patients choose Silicone implants for their natural feel and appearance. As opposed to Saline implants, when a Silicone implant ruptures, the patient may not know because the volume does not change or shift. Cohesive gel is not fluid, therefore correcting such a problem is not usually considered an emergency. Your Plastic Surgeon will be able to explain all of the risks and considerations for each. Be sure to seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Should I Choose Saline or Silicone?

While the majority of women seem to prefer silicone gel implants, some select saline due to the cost or convenience of being able to have them adjusted slightly in size after surgery. There are pros and cons to each, and it's important to discuss this with Board Certified plastic surgeons who offer you a choice.

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos.  You appear to be an ideal candidate for a breast augmentation.  If you want a more natural-feeling and -looking result, then my recommendation would be for you to consider silicone implants. 

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Should I have saline or silicones done?

You are the ideal patient for breast augmentation surgery. However, I need to caution you against large implants that do not fully fit under your chest muscles. Please be aware that placing breast implants of any type over the muscle or cutting the muscle (dual plane techniques) will not provide ample support, therefore, causing early descent or displacement of the implant on the chest. Bigger is not always better in this scenario. Large implants can cause a myriad of risks and complications (chronic pain, nipple numbness, bottoming out, contracture, displacement, etc.), so please visit a Board Certified PS that will explain these in detail. I recommend you visit the breast implant revision forum on this site for real patient stories and experiences. Small to medium sized implants under the muscle will give you longer lasting pleasing results. I hope this helps.
Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Saline or Silicone?

Silicone gel breast implants are much more popular than saline- filled implants now.  The main reason for their popularity is that they feel and look more natural than saline- filled implants.  Saline- filled implants can feel like water balloons, while silicone gel implants can feel more like your natural breasts.  The other reason why saline- filled breast implants may not feel as natural is that they wrinkle and ripple more than silicone gel breast implants. Saline- filled implants also have a higher rate of rupture.  The main advantage of saline- filled implants is that it is easy to tell when they rupture and replacing them is much simpler than ruptured silicone gel implants.  

The newer "gummy bear" silicone gel shaped, form stable, highly cohesive silicone gel implants have the advantage of the least amount of rippling, wrinkling, rupture and capsular contracture and can produce the most natural look of all the implant styles.  They also maintain their shape the best over time (meaning that you will be able to maintain your nice newly augmented breast shape much longer over time compared to either the traditional silicone gel implants or saline- filled implants because their highly cohesive silicone material is much more stable and sag much less over time).

Judging by your pics, I think you should have a very nice result whichever implant type you choose. You do have some mild size asymmetry and shape that will have to be addressed during surgery.  Consultations with several board certified plastic surgeons will help you choose the procedure that is right for you.  Best wishes. 

Breast Implants | Saline or Silicone?

Thank you for your question about breast implants.

If you are considering going large, you will most likely be happier with silicone in the long run.  Saline will weigh you down and lead to early tissue atrophy and rippling.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have breast implant surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Saline as well as silicone implants will work for you

There is no reason for you to stay frustrated. You can fix yourself anytime you choose to do it. Both saline and silicone implants will fulfill your need. However for best cleavage you should have silicone gel implants in front of your muscles.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your pictures and question. It appears you should be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation and I feel that gel implants will look and feel more natural. You should meet with a plastic surgeon to discuss pros and cons of above vs. under the muscle and proper implant size to meet your goals. Good luck with your surgery!

Mark Deutsch, MD

Saline or silicone

Thank you for the question and photos. The
choosing of implants is a very crucial and is one that should be done through
an in-person exam. Various aspects could affect the choice of implants
like breast tissue, body measurements, desired end result and the like.
Bra sizes also differ from one manufacturer to another so a carefully
selected implant can be able to get you very close to that size. It is
always best to visit a board-certified plastic surgeon and have a full
evaluation for your concern. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.
An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic
surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS