Is there a permanent option for non surgical nose job?

I'm over 6 months post-op rhinoplasty, started wearing glasses at 6 weeks b/c my doctor said it was ok. I wore them for several weeks and they'd slide down a bit in one spot for a few hours at a time when I was engrossed in work (looking down) and after a couple weeks, caused some indents that I believe are permanent as they have not gone away. I loved my nose but became very self conscious about this and sad I may have ruined it. Can this be fixed with permanent fillers or something similar?

Non-surgical nose job

Not quite. A non-surgical nose job is done by utilizing the injectable hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Juvederm Voluma. Just like the hyaluronic acid is broken down within our body, the injectable form is also broken down. You can expect a non-surgical nose job to last ~2 years (which is the length of that particular filler). 

Columbus Physician

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

Hello!  As a Board Certified Nose Surgeon who specializes in Nose Surgery day in and day out, I would say to be patient and trust your surgeon!  Most likely nothing to worry about, but if you are concerned you should go back to your surgeon to have him/her evaluate it and make a decision.  Your nose surgeon is the best person to decide and advise on fillers as he/she knows the anatomy and the new anatomy better than anyone on this website will.    Fillers in the nose are taken very lightly but are filled with complication risks.   I never recommend permanent fillers like Radiesse or Sculptra ever in the nose as the risk is too high.  I usually use  Voluma (one of the thickest types of hyaluronic acid based products) when needed.  The nose is a interesting area for fillers as the fillers can last anywhere from 1-5 years depending on how much hyaluronidase (the natural enzyme in your body that breaks up the filler) is in your nasal tissues - this varies from person to person.     
Dr. Deepak Dugar

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty Candidate

Please post photos for further evaluation. For a non-surgical intervention, fillers can be used to sculpt the nose. I tend to use a lot of Voluma for this area and achieve great results. I suggest a physician who is an expert in facial contouring to do a formal assessment.  I do not like permanent fillers here as long term there can be issues.  But yes silicone and bellafill have been used.  Dr. Emer

Non-surgical filler can correct small indents...

Fillers work great for the type of situation you are describing. First, I would find a way to give your nose a break from the glasses. Sometimes continued pressure can cause an indent, and the first step would be to see if it gets better if you stop wearing the glasses. If you already tried that and it didn't help, fillers are great for this and most tend to last for about a year in the nose, sometimes longer. They also stimulate collagen so you may not need as much over time. I would advise against a permanent filler to start. The nose really can change as it heals, so it's not really considered healed for a year after rhinoplasty, and more if it was a revision rhinoplasty. The key thing after filler will be to avoid pressure directly over the site you just filled, so no glasses for a while.

Anita Patel, MD