I'm 40 yrs old, 108 lbs, 4'10, and 34DD. Is a mommy makeover right for me? (photos)

*40 yrs old/ 108lbs/ 4'10"/ 3 pregnancies & c-sections Ever since my last pregnancy 2yrs ago), I have had pooch and loose skin over my c-section scar that I can not get rid of. My pubic hair line is also at least an inch higher than prior to my c-section. My breast size is a full 34DD. My breast are very saggy and lack firmness. I would like a lift with upper pole fullness, but want to stay about the same cup size. What procedures would best address these issues and if possible,avg $?

I'm 40 yrs old, 108 lbs, 4'10, and 34DD. Is a mommy makeover right for me?

Thanks for the question and pictures. You appear to be an excellent candidate for tummy tuck and breast lifting (plus/minus breast augmentation surgery). When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider,  type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved.  Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is medically/psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable,  has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her,  does not smoke, is capable of arranging enough recovery time and who has reached a long-term stable weight.   
 In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. 

Since you considering undergoing a major operation which often involves a significant physical and emotional recovery ( often underestimated by surgeons and patients alike), a few words of advice may be helpful: 
1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself) and that you have realistic expectations. Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life situation. You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.
2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation.
3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful.
4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary.
5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina of your caretakers.
6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery.
7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies.
8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change).
9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the emotional swings that you may experience.
10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery.
11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through tougher physical and emotional times.
  You may find the attached link helpful as you learn more.

Am I A Good Candidate For A Mommy Makeover?

From your photographs and comments, I would say you are an ideal candidate for a Mommy Makeover performed by a Board Certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in doing the multiple elements of a Mommy Makeover safely.

A Mommy Makeover can have multiple elements, but the most two common elements are a tummy tuck and a breast surgery of some sort.

Your breasts are ptotic (droopy) and lack upper pole fullness.  Because of the position of the nipples, you would do best with a standard "Weiss" pattern anchor breast lift with subpectoral silicone implants.  Also, a full tummy tuck with correction of rectus diastasis would be appropriate, and at least liposuction of your hips (muffin tops) to give you a better overall waistline.

With reference to your question about cost, Real Self has average costs for each type of surgery, including the Mommy Makeover, for various regions of the U.S.  From my personal experience in Hawaii, the average cost of the surgeries I recommend would be approximately $18,000 - $28,000 including surgery, anesthesia, operating room, and an overnight stay at a medical facility. 

At this point, I highly recommend you seek consultation with one ore more Board Certified plastic surgeons.

Candidate for a Mommy Makeover Procedure

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. 

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

The right candidate for a mommy makeover

Mommy makeover candidates are those women who desire an improved shape to their breasts. This can include a breast lift with or without breast implants and sometimes a reduction. For the belly portion, a mini tummy tuck, full tummy tuck, or even circumferential tummy tuck can give you the look that you want. Thanks for your question!

Mommy makeover

You appear to be an excellent candidate for a mommy makeover with full tummy tuck and a breast lift (mastopexy).  The excess skin can be removed from your abdomen and the breast lift can restore your breasts to their pre pregnancy look with superior pole fullness and position them higher on your chest.  Consult a board certified plastic surgeon who is a member of the Aesthetic Society and schedule a consultation.

Is a Mommy Makeover right for me?

Judging by your photographs and your information it appears that you would be an excellent candidate for a Mommy Makeover.A Mommy Makeover is a term used to described the performance of multiple procedures done at the same time to correct some of the unwanted side effects of pregnancy and breast feeding. Normally some type of abdominal recontouring is a key component of this combination. You appear to have enough loose skin to require a full tummy tuck. The overhang of skin you have over your C-section scar is quite common. Typically a mommy makeover consists of some type of breast reshaping such as an augmentation to restore volume, a breast lift to tighten the breast skin or a combination of both. Judging by your photographs it appears that he would benefit from a breast augmentation and probable breast lift. Most women also benefit from some liposuction in the area of the hips and thighs. These procedures can all be done safely at the same time in properly selected patient's. It is best if the patient is within ten pounds of their ideal body weight, are in good health, and have not experienced any lactation in the previous three months. The cost for any combination procedure will depend on the geographic location and the specific procedures required for you to achieve your desired result. You should make sure that your surgeon is Board certified by the American Board of plastic surgery and has significant experience in the performance of simultaneous multiple procedures. It is also very important that the facility in which the operation is performed is properly certified. Good luck.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover!

Thank you for your question, Base on the photos you provided you are a good candidate for a mommy makeover. The procedures Breast lift with implant and a full Tummy Tuck muscle repair and tightening of the skin and liposuction.

Search for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Our promotional price for Mommy Makeover is approximately $7200. 

Is a mommy makeover right for me?

Yes, you are a perfect candidate for Bilateral breast lift/reduction and a Tummy Tuck with flank liposuction, aka "Mommy Makeover". You should get great results if done with the right Surgeon. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS

Example of an excellent candidate for mommy makeover.

From your description and the photographs it looks as though you are fit with predictably good results expected from body contouring of the abdomen and breasts. Make sure you pick a good surgeon.

Mommy makeover surgery

I would recommend a breast augmentation with a vertical lift and a tummy tuck. The tummy tuck incision will be lower than your current C section scar and therefore remove the scar. If you choose silicone breast implants (which most patients prefer) the average cost would be in the area of 11-14000, which includes operating room fees and anesthesia. Consult with more than one surgeon before making your decision.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD