Am I at loss finding a doctor to work on my nose? (Photos)

my nose is very different I am Hispanic but somehow relate more to African American nose. with that been said is there any doctors out there that can help me I have a list of doctors that I want to visit even had one of state he is supposed to be the best but after looking at my pics he suggested I look for a doctor that does more African American and or Hispanic rhinoplasty my nose is very thick and wide and yes oily skin is a problem... don't care to go out of state for surgery.... ty

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

I am so sorry you are having issues finding a physician that is able to take care of you.  Certainly you want to find a board certified facial plastic surgeon who has experience in ethnic rhinoplasty. You should feel comfortable with the surgeon you choose so interviewing doctors is a good idea.  There are facial plastic surgeons in Houston and Dallas who have experience in your type of nose and know you do not have to leave the state to undergo the procedure you need.  Hope this helps answer your questions.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear nevaeh, An experienced ethnic rhinoplasty surgeon is used to performing rhinoplasty procedures on noses similar to yours and often sees other patients with similar noses and skin thickness.  During consultation imaging can be performed to show you the proposed changes to your nose taking into consideration your desires as well as your nasal anatomy and skin thickness. Once the desired nose is agreed upon the techniques that will be used to attain the desired result will be discussed. You will also have the opportunity to review before and after photographs to ensure the surgeon performs natural looking rhinoplasty procedures. See examples in my ethnic rhinoplasty link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Open rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Looking for Surgeon to Work on My Nose

While thick oily skin will interfere with achieving a well defined result following rhinoplasty significant improvement can be achieved. I always instruct my patients with skin like yours to start and maintain a regimen of good skin care, preferably by aestheticians in my office, before surgery. The results will be better if the envelope of skin is improved before structural changes are made.

Am I at a loss finding a doctor to work on my nose?

When there is thick skin present on the nose, it's very important to have realistic expectations about what can be accomplished and what cannot be accomplished with a rhinoplasty procedure. In addition, follow-up appointments are just as important as the surgery itself to manage the soft-tissue envelope( thick skin) over the nose. This is accomplished with steroid shots and tape applied over the first six months after the surgery. 

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Should get good results

Be sure to look for experieced PS on your type of nose. You have thick skin, which makes a little harder  to get nice results. I think with an open Rhynoplasty should be the best option. Here in Dominican republic, we are very familiar to your nose, so any experienced PS should do your nose.

Good Luck

Dr Hernandez Pizzoglio