Should I lose weight before my bbl?

I am scheduled for a bbl in one month. I am currently 165lbs and my goal weight is 145lbs. Should I postpone my surgery or is it ok to go ahead with the surgery and lose weight afterwards?

Losing weight loss before surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less  or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Ideal weight for a BBL

this should've been discussed during the consultation.
I suggest y

I suggest you contact your plastic surgeon to see what he or she recommends.

Overall weight or BMI is not nearly as important as fat distribution.
This should be determined by an examination.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

BBL and weight loss

Typically I do not suggest postponing surgery when the weight loss is around 20-25 pounds. In fact extract weight can be helpful when fat grafting. If you lose too much weight you will not have enough fat there to get the desired result you are hoping for.  The ultimate decision should be between you and surgeon, so check with them. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Weight

Hello. In general, I would recommend you being at your stable weight. I typically do not post pone surgery for plans of weight change less than 25lbs. Many patients benifit from the contouring and procedure reguardless of 20lbs weight changes. Good Luck. 

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

Best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Should I lose weight before my bbl?

Without any pictures provided Its impossible to tell if you a good candidate or not for a "BBL" Brazilian butt lift . The more weight loss the less fat can be harvest to be transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts. choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

BBL

Pics are needed to fully comment but I do not think that you likely need to lose weight prior to your surgery.  Enough fat needs to be harvested in order to give you the shape and projection you desire. Best wishes.

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss before surgery

This question can not be answered without knowing your height or seeing photos. You should ask your plastic surgeon this question. If you lose too much weight prior to a BBL then you may not have sufficient fat for a successful outcome.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD