Is liposuction a practical way for reduction of knee fat and creating a more normal shaped knees? (photo)

From what I understand so far, desirable outcomes with knees are difficult with liposuction. I absolutely plan to consult a surgeon for liposuction of the lower portion of my body. I've managed to keep off 25-30 pounds. Diet and exercise have been implemented and I can tell there is a slight subtle difference in how my knees look. My knees have 2-3 lumps of fat on each and have no recognizable shape, and look odd and out of proportion to my body.

Knees are okay and not okay areas for liposuction

The area between the knees (medial or middle knees) responds very well to liposuction.   Results are permanent.    The fat pads below and medial to the knees respond well.   The fat pads in the front and above the knees do NOT respond well to liposuction.  That is about it.  My Best,   Dr C

Is liposuction a practical way for reduction of knee fat and creating a more normal shaped knees?

Generally speaking  spot liposuction of the knees may be beneficial. However, reading your question leads me to believe that you will feel better and be happier if you loose more weight first. This weight loss can be more rewarding and fulfilling than spot lipo of the knees. I would address the bigger picture firs.

Knee treatments

Firstly, if you are in the midst of an exercise and diet regimen, continue with that until your weight is stable.
After a stable weight is achieved, liposuction can certainly help remove the excess fat from the inner knee.
Good luck.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Liposuction of the knees can yield very good results but is a bit tricky.

liposuction can improve the appearance of the knees significantly.  Depressions and other contour issues are more common than in other areas so the surgeon has to be careful.

Liposuction of the inner aspect of the knee can work very well in some patients.  Find a liposuction expert who performs hundreds each year and has great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Knee lipo

Yes - knee lipo works.  It's very good for the fat pad on the inner side of the knee, and can also be used to help re-shape the lower portion of the front of the thigh, just above the knee, as long as the skin is not excessively loose.

Congratulations on the weight loss! 

Liposuction of Knees

You look like you would be a great candidate for lower body liposuction including the thighs and knees.  You want to ensure you go to a physician with experience in these areas as it is one of the most common areas I see for revision.  I suggest a formal consultation or Skype consult with me if you are seriously considering this type of procedure.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Is liposuction a practical way for reduction of knee fat and creating more normal shaped knees?

Yes, it is a great method of remodeling the area around the knees.  Especially so, when done in conjunction with liposuction of the thighs.  You have approached this problem in a very wise way, utilizing diet, exercise and as a finishing touch, aesthetic surgical intervention.  Best Wishes.

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

When liposuctioning knees, it is unusual not to do thighs at the same time.

Thighs and knees tend to go together when getting liposuction done. Be sure to get it done by the tumescent technique under local so your doc can stand you up occasionally during the procedure to make sure everything is smooth and symmetrical for best results. Congratulations on the weight loss. Now is the time to do the lipo. Enjoy the new you. sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon