I am considering Sculpsure on my arms, back, love handles/flanks, whole abs. How many app need for each area and cost?

I female who is 5'7 and weight around 195Ibs, large body structure, hourglass shape. My measurements are 38DD-35-45. My BMI is 30.6. I have 33.5 Body fat percentage. My torso is 34 inches and legs are 27 inches. If I get this procedure done. I am going to try to lose 25-30 pounds. My desirable weight is 165Ibs-170IBS

SculpSure not recommend for BMI over 30

The BMI or body mass index is calculated based on a person's height and weight, BMI is your weight (in kilograms) over your height squared (in centimeters).  If this answer is 30 or above, then you are not considered a candidate for a SculpSure treatment.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

30.6 BMI wanting to lose weight?SculpSure

Previous recommendations are accurate--However, the most significant item is cost. Cheapest is to lose the weight by diet and exercise: FREE! BUT, perhaps that needs a "kick off" such as an investment.  You will spend for ABD 4+4 (possibly twice), flanks 4+4 (possibly twice) and outer thighs 4+4, inner 4+4. that is 32 applicators if one treatment each area, possibly 16 more to a total of 48!!!!!. These are $250-400/applicator with discounts for multiple areas. Simple math is 48x$250=$12000!!!! Weight loss would cut this at least in half saving you $6000!!!!! Many patients consider $6000 for non-invasive and no-recovery contouring a good deal. Where there is a Will, there is a WAY! Good luck.

I am considering Sculpsure on my arms, back, love handles/flanks, whole abs.

Sculpsure is more useful for you when you are closer to your ideal body weight.  It was not made as a form of weight loss laser rather made for areas of stubborn fat or resistant fat.
In addition it could become very costly.  You might consider performing liposuction or Smart-lipo which is also a laser assisted liposuction (but invasive) made by Cynosure.

Thank you

Saul Lahijani, MD
Los Angeles Physician

Full Body Contouring

SculpSure was designed to treat patients that are already at their ideal body weight but have stubborn areas of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise. My suggestion is to hold off on SculpSure until you have successfully lost the 25 to 30 pounds that you desire to lose. If you still have some stubborn fat areas at that time then revisit the idea of SculpSure. If you were to have SculpSure performed at the current time you will be spending a large amount of money and still not achieve your desired results. Another option would be to consider liposuction or Smart Lipo. This is slightly more invasive but would be able to target larger areas of fat in a single treatment.

Scott Chapin, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure vs coolsculpting vs liposuction

I appreciate your question.
Sculpsure is a great treatment and adjunct for stubborn areas.
However, if you need a large amount of areas it may be better to consider invasive options such as liposuction.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Full Body Contouring

When facing the idea of full body contouring, sometimes non-invasive procedures may not be the route to take. Not only can they be more costly, but you may not achieve the optimal results you had in mind. Procedures such as SculpSure and CoolSculpting see some of their best results in patients who are already at their goal weight but just have a little extra bulge that is diet and exercise-resistant. Another wonderful but less-invasive treatment, for more of the full body sculpting as well as some skin tightening, to look into would be SmartLipo. It's best to seek consultation with your surgeon to determine which procedure would be best to help you achieve your optimal results. Good luck!

Sculpsure cost

The average cost of Sculpsure at this time is $1500 for 4 paddles.  Each paddle is about the size of an iPhone 5.  The 4 paddles can be arranged in various combinations.  The treatment takes 25 mins for each 4 paddles.  Typically 4 paddles are used for the abdomen and 2-3 paddles for each flank.  Obviously a small person will need less paddles in any given area than a large person.  As of today, Sculpsure got 100% thumbs up on Real Self. As the news about this amazing technology gets out and the demand increases, the price may go up.  Remember Sculpsure is not really a good technique for people who have very large amounts of fat in many body areas.  It is excellent for people with BMIs of 25 or less for those stubborn areas that do not respond well to diet and exercise. Good luck, Dr. Sternschein.

Michael Sternschein, MD, PA, FACS
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

For full body contouring non invasive treatments are not the best option, they will be more expensive and only give a small amount of fat reduction unless they are done in multiple treatments.  Consider VASER hi definition for full body shaping.  Best, Dr. Emer.

SculpSure Cost

SculpSure costs vary depending on the number of areas used and the number of applicators used.  While the best option is to have a consult with your body contouring specialist of choice, SculpSure costs range from $700 to $3000+ for the average patient.  Upon your consult you will learn whether SculpSure, Vanquish, Liposuction, or a different type of body contouring method will be the most cost effective to produce the results you desire.

Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.
Houston, TX

#SculpSure, #CoolSculpt, #Vanquish, #UltraShape, #Velashape, #Exilis, #liposuction, #fatreduction, #noninvasive, #nonsurgical, #fatremoval, #pooch, #tummytuck, #saddlebags, #Cynosure, #RefreshDermatology

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculpsure vs losing weight

Sculpsure works best by reducing about 24% of the fat you have in any area that it treats.  It has four applicators that can be applied at any one time for 25 minutes.  For the areas you are asking for you would likely need multiple sessions and do the treatments repeatedly.  if you wanted to repeat the procedures you would have to wait about 6weeks to 3 months before doing another session.
For the amount of mass you are speaking of it may be better for you to lose the weight through other methods like dieting and exercise or consider liposuction in order to be more cost effective.  Best of luck!

Nikesh K. Patel, MD
Freehold Plastic Surgeon