I have been to a couple consults and they are split. I want larger, fuller breast with a natural look. Do I need a lift?(photos)

was not wanting to have one but the 2 I have seen one said yes the other said no. & to fix my asymmetry I was leaning toward saline but just don't know. Ive looked at lots of pics similar to mine without lift and they look great. I believe I have found my PS and go back in a couple days for my 2nd consult to finalize this dream. So any enlightenment you can add would be great. :-) I am 5'9" weight 135.

Lift with implants?

Since you don't have any true sagging of the breasts, implants alone will likely achieve your goals.  If you are not happy after 9-12 mos, you can always do the lift as a secondary procedure.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Lift or no lift?

Thanks for your question and photos.
Whether you need lift of not will depends on 1) your body, 2) your goal, and 3) surgical techniques utilized.
Although in-person examination will be needed to give you an accurate assessment and surgical plan, if your goal is to have fuller, perkier breasts, you will likely need implant and lift.  
If you want a "natural" looking breasts and have implants in sub-glandular plane, you will not need lift.  However, your breasts will "sag" faster with this option.
Please share the photos of your desired look with your plastic surgeon. 
After examining your body and understanding your goal, your plastic surgeon should guide you the "right" recommendation for you.
Best regards.

I have been to a couple consults and they are split. I want larger, fuller breast with a natural look. Do I need a lift?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively.By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate photos. You seem to be a good candidate for breast augmentation with implants. Most likely you'll achieve the results you desire without a lift. I recommend undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging in order to get a visual of your post procedural results and help you make your decision. Make sure your plastic surgeon is board certified with expertise in this area. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

I want larger, fuller breast with a natural look. Do I need a lift?

Thank you for your question.  Your photo demonstrates pseudoptosis (nipples are in good position but a good portion of the breast tissue is underneath), not true breast ptosis.  If you want larger breasts with a natural look, I believe that implants alone would achieve this goal.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast lift needed to regain fullness with implants?

Your question and concerns are not uncommon. Your nipple position alone does not indicate that you need a breast lift, however, you will continue to sag especially if you get implants. Implants will help you regain the fullness, and if that is what bothers you the most, then do not have the lift at the same time. However, some patients are unhappy with the sagging over time and wished that they had chosen to have the lift too. Regarding your breast asymmetry---it is common in most women. Your surgeon may be able to help by choosing slightly different sizes of implants if that is a concern to you.
I advise that you have another conversation with the plastic surgeon you are the most comfortable with and offers honest opinions and options.

Lift or no lift

Hello and thanks for your photos
This is a very common question in my practice and the answer depends on what you are looking for.

There is a difference between breasts that truly droop and breasts that simply sit low on the chest. You have a bit of both in your photos, but mostly your breasts simply sit low on your chest. When a woman's breasts sit low on the chest wall ("low footprint") , it's not possible to move how the breasts are positioned on the chest, but it's possible to lift, remove, or reposition breast tissue within the footprint.

If you have implants alone, your breasts will still sit low on your chest, with a long distance between collarbone and nipple. That's ok, it's just the way your were made. If you think you would be happy with larger, fuller breasts that still sit low, then you may be fine with implants alone. At some point in the future, you might decide to have the lift.

If you feel like your lower breast tissue sags too much, you dont like that feeling of "skin on skin" in the lower part of your breast, or you dont want to go too much larger, you may want to have both lift and implants.

Discuss these issues with your surgeon at your next visit so you're on the same page.
Best wishes-

Breast implants vs. breast lift with implants

I believe that you may get a good result with implants alone. Oftentimes, an augmentation can give the illusion of a lift. After a minimum of 9 months, when the implant has settled, you'll have a better idea whether or not you think your breasts are perky enough. You can always get a lift later if needed. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon