How would you go about fixing my breasts? (Photos)

I've been told that I've mild TBD by 2 out of 3 surgeons. All of them have had different suggestions about how to fix me. First said, D implants. Another said, 2 part surgery. LargeB/SmallC implants, then BL on left breast. Next said, 2 part surgery. Expanders for lower poles, then BL on both w/nipple reduction & LargeC/SmallD implants. All said my L&R implants will be different sizes due to my asymmetry Lower pole measurements under stretch- L: 8cm, R: 7cm Any insight is much appreciated.

How to fix my breasts?

Your photos demonstrate a significant difference in both size and configuration of your breasts. There may be a variant of the tuberous breast disorder involved here. Two different sized implants will be needed. The right size will need the larger one (this is NOT unusual to use two different sizes anyway) and the left side may need a lift in order to bring it up to match the right side. Only at the time of implant insertion can your surgeon tell if you indeed need a lift.

Plan to consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate plenty of experience treating your type of breast disorder.

Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

How would you go about fixing my breasts?

Thank you for your question.  There can be several ways to address this.  Based on your photo, you have considerable asymmetry.  One option would be to use different size implants and a lift on one side.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

All breasts are different left to right, before and after any surgery, especially without a bra or clothing. Yours are very different and can be made more symmetrical with different sized implants and a left on the larger side in one procedure.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  Your right breast shows characteristics of tuberous breast.  I recommend a one stage approach with immediate implants after scoring the lower pole constriction bands.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Many ways

Each surgeon may have a different way to achieve your goal and all can come to the same outcome.  It may be able to be done in one stage with a lift on one and implants on one or both. It all depends upon your goals. I think that you have to expect that the two breasts will never be exactly the same, and you may need a revision because of the various differences.

One part surgery

I would say a one part surgery, with the implant size of your choosing.There is not much to be gained by labeling someone with tuberous breasts.  An operative plan should be developed based on your anatomy.  Whether that is breast implantation, lift or reduction, symmetrization or some combination of procedures, there is no particular point in stigmatizing your breast shape.  A properly trained, skilled and ethical plastic surgeon can develop a plan based on your anatomy and give you the outcome that you desire.  I see absolutely no point in diagnosing someone with tuberous breasts or restricted base deformity.  Stigmatizing a young person can have an effect on the way they perceive the outcome, even if it is outstanding.

Correction of Tuberous Breasts

I agree that you have tuberous breasts. Every surgeon will have a different opinion about correction. I prefer a one stage approach that combines implants and a lift. In my experience, this is very successful with a very acceptable 10% revision rate. If you select a two-stage approach your revision rate becomes 100%!