What is best fit implant size and profile for a small chest? Natrelle Moderate or Full? (photos

I am deciding between a Moderate (310-330CCs) or Full (295-325CCs) Natrelle implants. I am 40yr old 5'3" and 105lb (2 kids). Current size is a small 30A and 12cm measure from my sternum to my outer chest with slight concave indention. Which choice of implant will give me the slight upper pole look in the picture but also a little closer cleavage than the picture and not accentuate the concave indention in my chest? How do I avoid rippling and find the 'perfect' size without the complications?

Breast Implant Size Options

Thank you for your question and photos. The 310/330 moderate implants you have mentioned are a bit wider than the full options. The 330 moderates are a 12.25 cm width. Have you seen a Plastic Surgeon in person to have your breasts measured? Proportionate breast augmentation has much to do with selecting the implants which fit your existing breasts and tissue well. I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specialises in this procedure, let them know what your expectations and goals are, then try on the implant sizes that they recommend for you so you can see how they

What is the best fit implant size and profile?

Thanks for your question.
Based on your description and simulation photos, moderate-plus profile may give you the desired outcome.
In recommending an implant size for my patient, I base it on each patient's body as well as her desired outcome.  Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon to be examined in-person and to share your desired look.  Your plastic surgeon will recommend the right implant for you in regards to implant size, diameter, and profile.
If you are concerned about rippling, having an implant under the muscle will be better.  In addition, ask your plastic surgeon about Inspira implant.
Best regards.

Best implant for frame

I believe in "tissue based planning" when choosing implants. That basically means choosing the implant based on what your anatomy allows. Why measurements of your chest, breasts, and amount of breast tissue are critical. This will ensure a augmentation that will meet your expectations and give you a long lasting result. You just can't slap any implant in, it won't look good if it doesn't fit your frame correctly.
I recommend choosing an implant volume that fits your frame, natural, professional, and athletic. A silicone implant is what I would recommend since you are appear athletic. It will have less visibility in rippling and feel more natural than a saline implant.
So which profile to pick? I'd have to see you in person to give you a better idea. Again, I need measurements. We try on some implant sizers, and you can really get a good idea of what you may get. I like the imaging software. But it doesn't replace actually trying on a sizing system.  
 I'm thinking a Allergan Inspira implant will look great on you. Give you that full upper pole, more cleavage.  A full vs high profile would depend on the volume you like.

Please make an in-person consultation with a ABPS board certified PS to evaluate you and discuss your options.

Hope that helps and best wishes!
Dr. Morales
ABPS Board Certified
Houston, Tx

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

What is best fit implant size and profile for a small chest? Natrelle Moderate or Full?

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend the Natrelle moderate profile implant in the higher fill Inspira style. This implant will best fill your chest dimensions and allow for your desired improvement in upper pole fullness and closer cleavage.  The higher fill will also help limit implant rippling.  As far as sizing this will depend on your chest dimensions in order to ensure your implant best matches the width of your chest.  Hope this helps. 

From your description and photo of your goal,  the full profile is not the one you want, you need width and height, so the moderate profile. Also you need a more filled implant such as the Inamed Inspira or the Sientra 10621 model to reduce rippling risk. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

What is best fit implant size and profile for a small chest?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.
 For most patients with your petite frame and your anatomic starting point, I recommend the use of round silicone breast implants placed in the sub muscular (dual plane) position.  
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals we have time for a you their stuff's's homewith your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "C cup” or "perfect size" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery for petite patients) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.