Right dropping faster than the left? (Photo)

Im 2 weeks PO now. I know its supper early but my left is bigger than my right also it hurts more. I have noticed that it gets more swollen when I drive. Is it normal? When are they gonna get even?

Too early to worry

Two weeks post-op is too early to worry about the changes you are experiencing.  Remember every surgery that is done, whether a gallbladder removal or breast augmentation, is a calculated trauma.  Your body doesn't know whether it got mugged or it has surgery.  Your body is going to do what it is designed to do when traumatized.   So just like if you were to twist both ankles ( a type of trauma), they both are going to swell up, one will swell more than another, one will be more uncomfortable than the other, but as time passes they will both be back to where they were before.  I tell final shapes are anywhere for 3 to 6 months out. (Sometimes longer.)  Also remember even when everything is said and done they will probably not be absolutely symmetrical.  Human are not symmetrical before the surgery nor after the surgery.

Shreveport Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Right Healing Faster than Left Breast

Hello and thank you for your question!  Often times, patience is vital component in recovering. Final results may take up to 6 months after surgery.  Keep in mind that it is very normal to have one breast heal faster than the other side. Talk to your surgeon with your concerns and keep him/her posted.  I hope this helps and best of luck to you!

Jon Paul Trevisani, MD, FACS
Maitland Plastic Surgeon

Is it normal that one implant is dropping faster than the other?

This is very common.  You have to remember that no two breasts are the same and these are two different surgical pockets.  Your breasts are going to continue to change over the course of the next several months. Just be patient and follow your plastic surgeon's advice for massage and post-op care.  Best of luck!

Right dropping faster than left

Thank you for your photo and questions. Asymmetry between one's breasts is incredibly common.  In fact, no two sides of anyone's body is every exactly the same.  2 weeks post operative breast augmentation is much too soon to consider a final result.  My advice is to wait a full 4-6 months for your final surgical result.  Regarding pain, should your pain increase or one breast become more swollen than the other, it would be advisable to follow-up with your PS.  Best of luck.

You are still very early in your healing process. The change is immediate. The should expect the skin to soften and the implant to settle at about three months after surgery.Given your concerns, you'll be best off seeking follow-up with your plastic surgeon.Thank you for your question.

Implants dropping

As you mentioned it is too early to tell the final position of the implants. If your implants were placed below the muscle, then it is common to have more swelling during certain activities. This is due to the swelling from the muscle. It is common for one implant to drop at a different rate than the other. Typically the side that you are hand dominant on is the side that typically drops a bit faster. In any case, it will take 6 months for the implants to settle into their final position. Close follow up with your surgeon is important to ensure satisfactory healing and positioning of the implant.
Best wishes,Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

One Breast More Swollen than the Other after Breast Augmentation #breastaugmentation

• It is not uncommon for one breast to be a bit more swollen than the other after breast augmentation.  Additionally, sometimes one breast hurts more than the other. 
  • Usually, by 2-3 months after breast augmentation the breasts are looking much more even and the pain is resolved.
  • However, it can sometimes take 6 months or longer for everything to completely settle into place. 
  • Try to be patient, and definitely run your concerns by your plastic surgeon. 
  • Thanks for sharing!

You are still very early in your healing process, and need to give yourself time for the swelling to subside, the tissue to relax, and your implants settle. You have two different breasts and arms, and use your arms differently. Therefore, your breasts will not respond equally. Please discuss any concerns you have with your doctor. Please follow all your post operative instructions, and keep all your follow up visits. Congratulations on your new look!

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon