Am I a good candidate for Buccal Fat Removal?? (Middle Eastern ethnicity) (photo)

I am interested in buccal fat removal and would like to know if I am a good candidate for the procedure. I weigh about 110lbs but my face never thins out. It has always been a wider face. Would buccal fat help thin out my face ? Thanks

Am I a good candidate for Buccal Fat Removal?? = there is a high possibility #buccalfatremoval #Buccalfat

Achieving a chiseled, less chubby face requires to address multiple factors in the face and the body composition to contribute to this physical finding. This analysis will help to determine what is the plastic surgery procedure(s) what could best help to correct a chubby face, thus achieve a slimmer more chilled face. 

Some of the physical findings that may need to be addressed to achieve a slimmer / chiseled face are: 

• Lower anterior cheek fullness: this could be addressed surgically with buccal fat removal 
  • Lower posterior cheek fullness: this could be achieving my treating the masseter muscle ( a masticatory muscle) with Botox. The masseter muscle gives bulk to the lower posterior cheek fullness at the level of the angle of the jaw bone 
  • Anterior and lateral cheek bone projection: lack of cheek bone projection won't allow to have a chiseled appearance, event if the above factors are achieved. Therefore, it someone has not good cheek bone projection, he or she may require cheek augmentation/ enhancement with either soft tissue fillers like Voluma or cheek implants 

Patients interested in determining if buccal fat  removal may help to achieve a chiseled face should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery procedures of the face.

BUCCAL FAT PAD REMOVAL

Hello, I agree that Buccal fat pad removal will define your face. You will be more photogenic. I would also consider performing liposuction on the jaw-line to define the area and give your face the added improvement in contour. 

Jaime Caloca, Jr., MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon