Tuberous Breast Lift Without Implants. Can I Get Nice Results Without Implants? (photo)

currently a 34b & have tubular breasts, I've always been small chested & have wanted a BA for years now. But after lots of research, i feel like im better off with a lift. I just feel that there are more cons then pros with implants in the long run. Will a lift alone get me any fuller on top? Would I have to have a lollipop lift? worries about implants: •Silent rupture• Interference- Mammograms not detecting cancer•capsular contraction •high maintenance - eventually have to be removed/replaced

Tuberous breast and breast lift

From your photos, I would not categorize your breasts as being tuberous.  You could consider a breast lift without an implant; however, the amount of upper pole fullness you will achieve without an implant or fat grafting is going to be quite limited.   Although the use of implants can result in the complications you have mentioned, most patients do well with the procedure.  If upper pole fullness is a high priority, you should still consider using an implant.  Best wishes.

Tuberous breast and breast lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Breast augmentation, tuberous breasts, saline and silicone implants

I do not think that you have tuberous breasts by the photos.  Tuberous breasts mean the the breast tissue has almost herniated through the areola and the base of the areola is constricted.  Your breasts look relatively normal in that respect.  However if you would like more fullness then a breast augmentation might be best.  It might be best to do the augmentation and allow the implants to settle 6 months to see if you actually need a lift.  This might be a nice option since you would have less scarring, if a lift was not required.  I see that your worries are for mostly for maintenance and it is always possible that you might need another surgery to replace them in the future.  If you are a "low maintenance" gal then you might consider saline augmentation, since a leak would be easily detectable.  If you don't mind the maintenance, then a silicone implant may be a good option.  For a silicone implant it is recommended that an MRI be done every few years to determine if there is a silent leak.

All this can be addressed by a board certified plastic surgeon at a formal consultation.

My best to you.

My best to you.

Tuberous Breast Lift Without Implants. Can I Get Nice Results Without Implants?

The deflational aspect of the breasts would really be better addressed with an implant to help the fullness and can be performed without the scars of the breast lift. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Not tuberous breast

Hi, i think that you dont have tuberous breast.   They are saggy and the upper pole its empty.  With out implants your breast's can be lifted but they will look smaller. And yes incisions and scars have to be done.  Nowadays breast implants are done routinely world wide.   Hope to be of some help. 

Dr jpc

Not tuberous breast

Dr jpc

Lift itself or with implant

HiEmilyMarie. With a lift by itself you will actually be slightly smaller and will need at least a lolipop incision. With a small implant you may need a short lolipop incion to help with projection or modified Benelli if projection is not important. Interestingly with the use of a larger implant you could get away without a lift.

Lift itself or with implant

Thank you for your question and photos. You do not have tuberous breasts. You have breasts with a depleted volume in the upper poles and full lower poles. If you like the cup size in a bra, that you have now, then you can have a vertical breast lift and will have better shaped breasts, but with the same volume. If you would like to be somewhat larger as well, then an implant or fat grafting to the breasts would help. It seems that you do not desire implants, so fat grafting would be a very viable alternative solution. This can be done at the time of the breast lift. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation and examination with experience in these techniques. Good luck.

Breasts and tuberous/

Your breasts just appear small they do not look like they are tuberous in the photos.    You do not have much to lift. you may be better off with an implant to fill them out. Best to be seen in person.

Breasts and tuberous/

Breast lift without implants

Thanks for sharing your photos. Your question is valid as are your concerns about implants. You can have a nice lift without implants as long as you do not expect a high level of upper pole fullness. I would recommend a vertical lift with re-positioning of your gland higher up. So, the choice is personal. In general, individuals with your look CAN get a nice result with a small implant and I recommend that. By the way, your degree of lower pole constriction (tuberous breast) is very low.

Breast lift without implants

Breast lift without implants

Judging from your photos, it does not appear that your breasts are tuberous. Your breasts are affected by ptosis, but they do not have a tube like shape.

A breast lift alone can give you a perkier contour, however your breast size may decrease noticeably. If you would like to maintain breast size, then implants may be considered. However, you may also consider auto augmentation. It won't give you much larger breasts, but it can maintain breast size. Therefore, it depends on how much larger you'd like to be.

Breast lift without implants