Lipo or full Tummy Tuck? (photos)

Liposuction of the abdomen or full tummy tuck? Don't care about stretch marks. Want waist and flat(yet) tummy. 39 y/o. 5'7". 160lbs.

TT or Liposuction

Hello, thank you for your question
Definitely TT and Liposuction, the TT for the laxity of the skin you have and the liposuction for contour, I bet you'll be pleased with the results.
Best of Lucks.

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

Thank you for your question.  I agree with my colleges.  You have skin laxity in your abdomen that liposuction will not address, therefore you will need a tummy tuck.  This will tighten up your abdominal muscles,  flatten out your stomach, tighten your lose skin and give you a very nice result that liposuction cannot do.
Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Tummy tuck more suitable

It looks like you have some skin laxity. For this reason, I would recommend a tummy tuck based on your photos. This would tighten up your loose skin, something that liposuction can’t do.

TT

Hello. You will need a full tummy tuck with liposuction of the flanks and back to enhance your abdominal silhouette.  Your rectus muscles appear loose therefore liposuction alone will not be beneficial.  
Good luck. 

DrBurnett#realself100

Tiposuction or tummy tuck?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction or tummy tuck.
  • Your photo suggests you have had one or more children and have loose skin and stretched muscles as well as some excess fat.
  • If this is the case, you can only get a flat tummy and waist from a tummy tuck -
  • Liposuction only removes the fat - and if the tummy bulges from stretched muscle, liposuction can't fix it.
  • Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon -
  • I have seen occassional women who seem to need a tummy tuck in photos, but at examination, do not.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

L

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. A special kind of tummy tuck I perform is called a Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty which will tighten the abdominal muscles and remove the loose skin. Liposuction can then be used to add contour to the waistline. Unfortunately liposuction alone will leave you with excess skin. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting with Tummy Tuck

I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal and contouring. Excess skin can be removed during the procedure and we call this "hi def physique." An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. VASER can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. Best, Dr. Emer

Tummy tuck candidate

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos you appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck procedure. Tummy tuck, also know as abdominoplasty, is a procedure to remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and to restore the weakened abdominal wall, giving a firmer and smoother appearance. We nearly always add liposuction to our tummy tucks to sculpt the body 360 degrees to achieve an ideal feminine figure. Tummy tuck is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results if done correctly.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Lipo or tummy tuck

Solely based upon the photo, it looks like you have loose skin and maybe weak muscles. Lipo will not improve these issues, but a tummy tuck would.  Best to be evaluated in person.

Lipo Or Tummy Tuck

Based on only viewing your pictures, you appear to have some loose skin, as evident by the stretch marks. That being said, if you only did the liposuction, you would be left with even more loose skin. Your best bet for the flattest and tightest result would be a full tummy tuck. Make sure to visit a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for an in person consultation for the best opinion.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon