Uneven lips. Can be fixed? (photos)

Well,my right lip is much thicker than the left one, this asymmetrical problem is very visible. The unsymmetrical nature of my lips is driving me crazy, i don't take pictures of myself anymore because of that. Aslo my nose is asymmetrycal too, maybe my nose problem is causing the uneven lips, i don't know. This can be fixed?

Doctor Answers 7

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Fillers , implants or surgery can be used to treat lip asymmetries. Please see an expert for treatment options.  Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews

Naturally asymmetric lips

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Symmetry can be improved using HA filler in the lips. It is not always possible to get the lips exactly even, but it can make them better. Your upper lip is small in proportion to the lower so I would add mostly to the upper lip. Keep in mind the Golden Ratio of 1:1.61, upper to lower lip ratio.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 53 reviews

Lip augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
From your photograph you appear to be a very good candidate for lip augmentation. This is essentially performed by injecting a filler into the lip area to be augmented.  It is a very artistic process, not just a scientific or medical procedure.  I would think a product like Juvedem would be good for this case.  As I say this is a somewhat artistic process and I would urge you to go to a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has performed many of these procedures and whose work you can analyze from before-and-after pictures.  Do not price shop this type of product i.e. fillers; the products are the same but the treating injector is the key to a great result.  I hope this helps.  Dr. Adrian Stewart MD FAAD

Adrienne E. Stewart, MD
Denver Dermatologic Surgeon

Uneven lips. Can be fixed?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello Paulacicur,To help improve your uneven lips I would recommend a hyaluronic acid based filler such as Juvederm or Restylane Silk.  These can help to improve the symmetry.  I'd recommend you consult with one of the core aesthetic physician injectors (facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, dermatologist).I hope this helps and good luck. 

Conservative Lip Augmentation For Symmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about the appearance of your lips.  Based on your photographs, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a conservative lip augmentation for symmetry with a dermal filler such as Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Best wishes! 


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You should start out with 1cc of juvederm filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

Uneven lips. Can be fixed?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination to assess your lip for shape and volume asymmetries you can likely improve upon your current appearance with the use dermal fillers.  Conservatively placed you can add overall volume but by placing an extra amount to areas of diminished volume you can help narrow discrepancies between your right and left sides.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.  

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.