Is it too soon for a revision rhinoplasty?

Every morning I still feel a little bit of discomfort in my nose and I had my primary rhinoplasty in August 2015. I feel like this discomfort is never going to go away.. Is it possible to still get a revision?

Revision Rhinoplasty Time

Generally, I recommend patients to wait at least 1 year after their first rhinoplasty before they seek a revision procedure. For some rhinoplasty procedures, it can take up to a year for all swelling to reduce and for your “new nose” to appear. However in your case, the discomfort you are experience sounds concerning. If a rhinoplasty is performed correctly, any discomfort or pain should be completely gone within the first few months. I recommend returning to your facial plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Revision Rhinoplasty Time

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Revision rhinoplasty candidate at one year

Since it has been one year from the primary rhinoplasty, it is possible to undergo a revision. A revision rhinoplasty is not performed for discomfort, it is performed to make cosmetic changes in the nose.

Timing for revision rhinoplasty

Hello.  Every case is different, but generally we don't recommend revision rhinoplasty until at least a year goes by.  This is to allow the nose to heal completely in order to best determine cause of problem.  Since it is almost a year now, I think it's very reasonable to discuss revision surgery with your surgeon.  Take care.

Kenneth Yu, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Timing for revision rhinoplasty

Kenneth Yu, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pain after rhinoplasty

Waiting one year is usually enough time to wait for revision rhinoplasty. I would definitely recommend getting  an exam of your nose to better determine the source of your pain  
Good luck!!

Pain after rhinoplasty

Good luck!!