Flank lipo done 2 1/2 weeks ago. Weight gain?

I had flank Lipo done 2.5 weeks ago. Bruising gone and no pain left. Went to the doctor today for IBS and up about 5 pounds. Maybe more. Freaked me out. I look better, but I'm hoping I still have swelling and maybe potential fluid retention causing gain. Had TT done 12:31 of last year and lost weight first few weeks, because wasn't eating very much. This time I haven't lost, just and have gained. Thanksgiving did not help. Doc said he took out 500 cc per flank.

WEIGHT GAIN AFTER LIPOSUCTION

No doubt you've gained weight from fluid accumulation and swelling from the surgery.  Best to stay off the scale for a couple more weeks and if you're maintaining your diet, you will see your weight drop.  500cc from each flank won't result in appreciable weight loss...somewhere around a pound would be average for that amount of suction, depending upon how it was done and the fluid/fat ratio of the suction material.  The visual results are generally much more impressive than the amount of weight lost.  Try a low salt diet to minimize the fluid.

Liposuction - gained five pounds

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• You can definitely gain weight after liposuction.
  • if you have IBS your weight will vary depending on swelling in your intestines.
  • And you can gain weight fast eating Thanksgiving food.
  • Don't panic, check your weight in a week, if you are eating too much cut back and keep your IBS under control.
  • If it is liposuction swelling, it will take care of itself.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Still Swollen--Add Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Cellutone/Zwave to your aftercare

Yes, this is most likely swelling which can last 3-6 months after your procedure. 

I recommend adding hyperbaric oxygen and lymphatic massage along with your compression to help decrease swelling.  I also recommend adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the skin's appearance. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer