Flank lipo done 2 1/2 weeks ago. Weight gain?
Doctor Answers 2
Liposuction - gained five pounds
Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
- You can definitely gain weight after liposuction.
- if you have IBS your weight will vary depending on swelling in your intestines.
- And you can gain weight fast eating Thanksgiving food.
- Don't panic, check your weight in a week, if you are eating too much cut back and keep your IBS under control.
- If it is liposuction swelling, it will take care of itself.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Still Swollen--Add Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Cellutone/Zwave to your aftercare
Yes, this is most likely swelling which can last 3-6 months after your procedure.
I recommend adding hyperbaric oxygen and lymphatic massage along with your compression to help decrease swelling. I also recommend adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the skin's appearance. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.