Bruising after CS; seems more than typical. Is there anything I can do to reduce the bruising?

I had coolsculpting yesterday on my lower abdomen, upper abdomen, and my "love handles". I have significant bruising on love handles and lower abdomen.Deep purple, long line under my lower abdomen running almost the length of my tummy (about 1/2" wide), deep purple and red bruising in the shape of the applicator on the love handles. Should I be concerned? I Is there anything I can do to reduce the bruising?

Bruising after CoolSculpting

Congratulations on completing your CoolSculpting treatment.Bruising can occur after CoolSculpting and the degree of this varies from individual to individual.There are some herbal medications that help these go away more quickly.Taking sublingual Arnica Montana tablets often help with bruising after surgical and non-surgical procedures.You can also follow up with your treating physician to ensure the bruising you are experiencing is normal.Best of luck!

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after CoolSculpting

Thanks for your inquiry.Bruising after CoolSculpting is actually pretty common.Different people bruise to different extents, so I would not be overly concerned about the bruising.One thing you can do to help the bruising resolve is to take Arnica Montana sublingual tablets because it will help the bruising resolve faster.You can also follow up with your Plastic Surgeon if you want to he/she to check on your progress.I hope this helps.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Bruising is normal with CoolSculpting. If you are concerned, please speak with your chosen provider. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting and Bruising

I suggest seeing your physician if you are concerned.  Its completely normal to have bruising and swelling after coolsculpting and this should have been discussed with you.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Bruising after coolsculpting

The bruises after coolsculpting are more like a hickey and tend to go away very quickly. You could try arnica gel topically and take arnica and bromelain orally. They will likely resolve pretty quickly even if you do nothing. 

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Bruising from CoolSculpting

Dear anonymousinaustin:

Bruising with CoolSculpting is uncommon.

If this is unusual for you, it is possible that you are taking additional "blood thinners" such as ibuprofen, aleve, aspirin and others. If this is not the case, it may indicate an underlying medical concern and you should be evaluated for it.

If it is simply a discoloration concern, Arnica tablets orally, Arnica cream for massage and fresh pineapple for the bromelain enzyme are the usual treatments to assist in the breakup of the blood which seeped into the tissues. Generally, this resolves in 2 to 3 weeks. 

I hope this helps. Good luck with this!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Bruising after Coolsculpting

Bruising is common after this procedure. Arnica can help the body absorb the bruise more quickly. Sometimes laser can speed the process too, the VBeam or Excel V. Most often this is seen with people on supplements or other OTC meds that thin the blood. It won't affect your ultimate outcome.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Bruising after #CoolSculpting

Dear anonymousinaustin:

I can certainly understand your concern, but there will be no adverse consequence from the bruising you have experienced. Most patients have minimal to no bruising with the procedure, but if you are taking any blood thinners or supplements that thin the blood at all, this can happen. Even drinking a moderate amount of alcohol in the day or two before the procedure can be associated with bruising. But you need not be concerned, it will resolve. If you would like to speed along the process of resolution, you could take Arnica with bromelain, apply a vitamin K cream, ask for a prescription for Biafine, and ask your doctor if they laser bruises to make them resolve more quickly.

If you are planning to have another round of treatment, ask your doctor what you can do to minimize bruising the next time around.

Dr. Clark 

Sheryl D. Clark, MD