Do I need lipo on flanks? (photos)

I had asked PS before surgery if I needed lipo on flanks. He said he didn't think so. But I think they stand out more than before now. I really wish I would've had it done. He thinks it might be swelling that will go down, but they look exactly the same. My private area is still very very swollen but I know that's going to hopefully go down in time. He did lipo that area. How much would flank lipo typically cost? Is that usually done in office? Sorry for bad lighting in pix

Do I need lipo on flanks?

For the 'hour glass' waist  do lipo on only the waist NOT the flanks!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

If you want a change in contouring and fat reduction you should get a VASER hi def procedure on your sides.  It takes months to see the final effect of liposuction.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction of the flanks

As a general rule I do not even engage in the discussion of liposuction of the abdomen without including the flanks.

There are of course exceptions such as patients who have had previous surgery.

We typically price quote the abdomen has a "Full abdomen"this includes the upper abdomen, lower abdomen waist and hips.

Basically the entire trunk which should generally always be treated as one unit.

I typically perform all my liposuction avoiding General Anastasia.

The ability to have my patients lay on their side with your arm stretched over their head gives me The ability to sculpt the flanks in the most ideal way.

This can be done as an office-based procedure.

Any form of liposuction requiring anything but light sedation should be done in an accredited facility.

Typically most patients tolerate this procedure very well using local anesthesia with mild sedation only.

Liposuction it's usually priced based on the number of areas treated.

Expect to pay anywhere between $1000-$3000 per area.

most plastic surgeons will give a per area discount when multiple areas are treated at the same time.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Pinch technique to evaluate potential benefit of liposuction.

Pinch the area in question. If there is more than an inch between your two fingers is likely that liposuction may be of some benefit.

1 month post op

I would wait a good 6 months to allow the majority of the swelling to resolve. If you still feel the hips need additional contouring at that time, best to see a board certified plastic surgeon who takes the time to evaluate you properly. Often, patients feel they appear much "bigger" in other areas since the abdomen is flat after a TT. You may find yourself wanting additional contouring of your waist/hips/thighs and even back if needed. Liposuction costs depend on the number of areas so it can vary widely. Best to choose a surgeon with experience in liposculpting to help give you the best possible results. Good luck!

Lip with TT

In my practice my always combine lipo to the flanks when I do a tummy tuck because of this same problem. Inherently with the TT, it seems to leave the trunk very square, so I like to counter the sides to give a nice hour glass figure.  In the miami areas lipo is charged depending on areas and it can range from 1500-5000.
Hope this helps.

Sergio Alvarez, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Do I need lipo on flanks?

Greetings

Thank you for your questıon, ıt it to early to evaluate your results swelling takes 3 to 6 months for complete recovery. you need more tıme for recovery.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the flanks is usually needed to properly contour the abdomen.

When performing liposuction on the abdomen, I generally include the flanks as part of the treatment area. If only the front part of the stomach is treated, the abdomen can be left with boxy, unnatural contours. I find I can give the best overall contours by treating the entire circumference of the abdomen to create beautiful, natural curves that look good from any angle. Since you’re still recovering, it’s best to wait until you’ve fully healed before making any decisions. As swelling subsides, you may decide you’re satisfied with your results. If not, you could consider moving forward with a supplemental procedure to address your flanks.

Lipo of the flanks

Thank you for your question and photos.  As you have noted, it is too soon at only one month post-op to determine if some additional lipo work would be beneficial.  You should wait until at least the three month mark for swelling to go down.  At that point, you will need to see your operating surgeon to determine if lipo would be best for you.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Too early to judge!

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided pictures as well. I think is too early to judge your results, it takes a long time to see the final result: 4-6 weeks for 80-85% of the result, 3 months for 95%, up to six months (or longer) for the final result. The first stage is for swelling to rush into the areas that have been treated. I realy recommen to wait until 6 month post op to see if you need more lipo, and remember to always keep a closely communication with your PS. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD