Would I benefit from a Benelli/donut/circumareolar lift? (Photos)

I had mild to moderate sagging prior to getting implants but after doing some research, I felt that I would be confident and content with just the implants. That's not the case. I talked to my doctor and he suggested doing a circumareolar lift to give me some lower pole fullness, mainly on my right breast. I know this lift isn't used as often as the anchor or lollipop lift and I know a lot of surgeons say it's best to use for people only needing a small lift. Will this lift be good for me?

CIrcumvertical (Lollipop)

I would recommend a circumvertical lift or Lollipop lift.  A peri-areolar lift will not give you an aesthetic result.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Best wishes!
Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Would I benefit from a Benelli/donut/circumareolar lift

A Benelli lift will position the areola into a better, more cosmetic location, but will not truly give you more lower pole fullness and it will also flatten your breast some because of the purse string effect it  provides.

Julio Garcia, MD

Circumareolar lift

There are a few examples on my website. The circumareola lift is great in the right candidate. A small areola lift can be quite a nice improvement for many women.

Breast lift

You can certainly have a donut lift, but I would recommend a lollipop lift which controls the areola size and scar width better. The resultant shape is also more conical and less "flattened". Good luck.

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, I would not recommend a Benneli lift.  The scar and areolas tend to widen significantly after this procedure and the breast tends to flatten in the center, creating an unnatural look.  I think you may benefit more from a wise-pattern lift with an adjustment of your implant pocket.  However, this advice is only based on a photograph.  An in-person consultation would be much more beneficial. 

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Thank you for your question. Based on photos alone, I believe a circumareolar lift would be the least invasive procedure to give you the look you wish for. That being said, you really need an in person consultation to determine the amount of skin that needs to be removed and which procedure would be best for you . Photos can sometimes be deceiving in terms of measurements and skin excision. 

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Would I benefit from a Benelli/donut/circumareolar lift?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Keep in mind that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be hopeful. Having said that, I think that the Benelli breast lift along with adjustment of the breast implant capsules (during the revisionary breast surgery) will likely be powerful enough of a breast lift. Make sure that you communicate your goals/expectations carefully with your plastic surgeon. In my practice, this is best done in front of a full length mirror and with the help of goal photographs. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.