Would it be possible to slightly cover the tear duct with surgery? (photos)

I'm wondering if it would be possible with surgery to just cover up the tear duct with surgery? Not so much as to create a really noticeable epicanthal fold - or would that really not be possible for my eyes? (My picture is the black and white one, the picture in color is somewhat the shape that I'm trying for.)

Eyelid adjustment

Hi there,

This is not advisable. Basically, with some eyebrow sculpting, makeup and careful photography you're already pretty close to the image you desire. 

To attempt surgery to try to be even closer is more than likely to fail to achieve this, and may make things worse.

My advice:  Be happy with your eyelid appearance, and consider refining your makeup techniques to achieve your goal.

All the best

Howard Webster

Plastic Surgeon.

What you are asking for is not realistic or possible.

Please be careful what you look for.  Some well meaning surgeon may try to attempt this for your.  That will be a huge mistake in my opinion.   You are likely to be harmed by this and be left unfixable.

Eyelid surgery

I wouldn't recommend this. From what I can tell, your eyelids look fine. Your pictures have a few issues. First, if your goal picture is out of a magazine it may have been retouched. Your eyelid picture is not a straight on view, which makes it really difficult to evaluate your lids. But honestly, the description of what you are looking for doesn't sound like something I would recommend in an otherwise normal lid.

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon