I had a double mastectomy 2 yrs ago. I have chronic pain in my breasts 24/7 as well as fibromyalgia. Any advice?

Breasts look like two ugly fried eggs with jagged X's across the middle. Pains dart through both breasts. In public it's embarrassing because my first instinct is to grab my chest and grit my teeth in agony. I scar keloid. I tried to tell the Dr. He ignored me. Nipples fell flat. Horribly painful areola tattoo failed. I also asked him if I could remain a size 34B. He said yes. Instead, I got two X covered fried eggs &24/7 chronic pain. I should not have this much pain, 2 yrs later, should I?

Breast reconstruction after mastectomy

You have already had a difficult time regarding your reconstruction.  Below is a simple description of reconstructive techniques.  

Three basic forms of breast reconstruction exist. You can use your own tissue, implants or a combination of the previous two techniques. Your own tissue can be used in the form of the DIEP flap, PAP flap, SGAP flap or fat grafting. Implants can be done in one stage or two stage. Two stage reconstructions are started by placing expanders at the time of mastectomy. Once they expanders are placed they are able to be inflated as determined by wound healing. 

What I have found in two stage reconstructions is that there can be a chronic tightness.  It has been described to me as a band.  Many times patients will seek me out because I perform surgeries like the DIEP flap, PAP flap, or SGAP flap that will ultimately remove their implants and replace them with health normal tissue.

I encourage you to read about experiences of patients on my profile here, vitals, and our personal practice website.  I would be happy to see how I can help you.  Please take the time to come in for a consult to see if I have a plan that makes sense for you!