It has been 6 weeks and it looked better before the lipo. Is this normal? (Photo)

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring -- FEMALE HI DEF CONTOURING

I suggest you start RF treatments and shock wave at this time, continue compression and get lymphatic massage.  If not improved in 3-6 months consider revision or surgery.  Best, Dr. Emer.

6 weeks after lipo

6 weeks is still too soon after surgery too determine if that is what the final result will look like. I would communicate your concerns with your plastic surgeon and see if he has any recommendations that he would like to make. I wish you the best of luck in your recovery!
Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

It has been 6 weeks and it looked better before the lipo. Is this normal?

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about your concerns after your recent surgery.I would recommend that you continue to wear your garment and start lymphatic massage. It's still too early to judge the final result. After liposuction this takes 6-9 months.Stay in close contact with your plastic surgeon. 

Thank you for your question. It will take about 6 months to comment on final results. At this moment just wait and watch and please follow instructions from your physician. Please express your concerns to your PS and reevaluate in 3 months again.

Thank you for your question and photographs.  It is difficult to assess your long-term results at only 6 weeks as your current appearance picture shows irregular swelling and the markings from your compression garment.  I would recommend allowing your results at least 3-6 months time to heal but certainly voice your concerns to your surgeon as they can provide you with reassurance. 

Liposuction - not looking good at 6 weeks

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  1. You truly cannot assess your final liposuction result at  6 weeks -
  2. Tissues are still very swollen.
  3. Many of the irregularities should improve with time - but one can't be sure.
  4. All one knows is that another 5 months are needed to see how things turn out!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC