3 weeks post op Smart Lipo (chin), any suggestions?

I had smart lipo on my chin about 3 weeks ago. I am seeing minimal difference in the area but I've been told that most of what I'm seeing is swelling. How long before the swelling goes down and I start seeing results? Is this normal for 3 weeks?

SmartLipo and swelling

Thanks for your question. The swelling is very normal and could last several weeks. Optimal results are reached between 6 and 9 months so allow some time for the swelling to go down and for your chin to heal. Best, Dr. Katz

Smart Liposuction on Chin, Swelling Is Normal

Swelling is normal this soon after your surgery. It'll take up to several months before you see your final results. Best, Dr. Emer

Thank you for your question. You are experiencing swelling and bruising that should subside within 4-6 weeks post op. Smart Lipo is intended to shrink tissue and tighten skin between 17% and 22%. I suggest that you speak with your board certified facial surgeon as to the recovery process.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

At this stage, swelling is normal and expected. The body will reshape itself after the procedure, but it usually takes a few months. 

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Smart lipo swelling

Thank you for your question. It is normal to have swelling at this stage. Most of the swelling goes down in 2-3 months. Without seeing picture can not comment. Please follow instructions from your PS.