When I attempt to work out it swells unevenly and looks awful! What can I do? 6 months post-op lipo. (photos)

I still wear my garment. I had a beautiful belly before this. I had lipo about 6 months ago which was botched. When I attempt to work out it swells unevenly and looks aweful!!! What can I do? I still wear my garment. I never had stretch marks until I got lipo. This is by far the biggest mistake I have ever made!

6 months post-op lipo.

I have been performing liposuction for over 30 years and have never had prolonged healing problems such as you describe.  I would like to know what (aggressive) technique was used by your surgeon but no matter the answer I think your best assistance will come from massage and compressive garments.  You may also try avoiding salty foods since they often contribute to swelling.  I am very sorry to hear of your complicated recovery and wish you the best.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Swelling with work outs!

I'm sorry to hear about your results. Perhaps you should consider lymphatic massages and some of the other treatments pointed out by Dr. Emer to smooth out the results. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Swelling Cessation after Liposuction--Add Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Vanquish, Cellutone/Zwave, Hyperbaric Oxygen

I recommend adding lymphatic massage and hyperbaric oxygen along with your compression in order to help reduce swelling. I also recommend adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the skin's appearance. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction - unhappy with result.

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

I am so sorry you have such a disappointing result. You may need to give yourself more time. Healing varies and can take longer than 6 months for some people - even 18 months. I don't see stretch marks in the photo - but given your issues, it might be reasonable to get a copy of your operative report and seek a second opinion.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS