My name is Ahmed and I have gynecomastia. I'm wondering if you do this surgery, how much does it cost?

Estimated Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery

According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons the average #cost of #gynecomastia surgery can vary widely. #Surgery quotes should include the procedure itself, operating room facilities, anesthesia fees, surgeon’s fees, medical tests, post-surgery garments, prescription medication and other related costs. Most plastic surgery offices offer convenient finance plans that allow patients to pay a low monthly payment.
Costs will also vary with geographic location.  Estimated costs can be found here on, or

I have gynecomastia

Hi ahmed,
If you have gynaecomastia some photos would have helped us advice you better.
any way surgical costs range from 1500 to 2000 usd with us
best of luck

Gynecomastia Surgery Cost

Hi Ahmed1303,
Thanks for the post. The cost of any procedure, not just gynecomastia surgery, is based on several things:
1) The extent of the procedure that needs to be done
2) The surgeon's experience
3) The geographic location
That being said, I recommend that you make your decision not solely on cost, but also the experience and results of the surgeon.

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

How much to correct gynecomastia

hi Ahmed. Without seeing you personally it's hard to diagnose you having gynecomastia. As far as fees go there so many variables. The level and experience of the surgeon, the quality of the operating room environment hospital versus office facility, geographic location of the surgeon amongst many other variables. I recommend you see a board-certified plastic surgeon in your region and see a few to see how the fees differ good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Cost of gynecomastia

How should I choose a surgeon? Choose carefully.
The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter. 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

The types of procedure performed for gynecomastia will vary and the fees will vary accordingly as well as vary from surgeon to surgeon and in different areas of the country. Best to see a surgeon and discuss in person.

Thank you for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis.

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Thank you for your question and see some experts on your area who after an examination can fully inform you of the best procedure for you and cost

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Gynecomastia Reduction

The first important question is to determine what type of gynecomastia you have and its extent. That would determine the surgical procedure needed to treat it. You would need to submit pictures of your chest to better answer your questions.

All types of gynecomastia

Gynecomastia is more common than most people think. Like many other complaints people have, there is a wide spectrum when it comes to gynecomastia. For patients with just a little bit of excess breast tissue and no or mild skin laxity, liposuction alone can do the trick. For patients with more breast tissue a small incision must be made to excise the breast tissue. And for those with all of the above along with significant skin laxity, both the breast tissue and skin must be removed which means larger scars. Again, it all depends on how significant the gynecomastia is. As far as pricing goes, there is a wide range as well depending on the extent of the gynecomastia. To give you an idea, in the tristate area, liposuction alone as a treatment for gynecomastia would range from $4000-$6000. This can usually be done under local anesthesia. For the more extensive procedures IV sedation or general anesthesia may be necessary which would increase the cost somewhat. 

Elan B. Singer, MD