Is there something wrong with my right breast?

I'm 10 days post op and I had 375cc silicone submuscular. I was an a cup before. I've had a pretty rough recovery, lots of soreness still. My right breast is slightly higher and its harder. It hurts to touch it in certain spots. Also both my nipples have gotten very sensitive in the past couple days. Are these signs of something wrong? I go for a post op visit tomorrow I'm just worried.

Post op recovery

Your post op complaints sound completely normal and expected for someone who underwent the procedure that you described.  Your surgeon will confirm this at your follow up.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Post op recovery

You can relax and know that over 25 years of doing breast augmentation what you are complaining of at this early time period is exactly normal. Hypersensitivity in the early postoperative period  is not uncommon. Certainly your plastic surgeon can go over all of this with you at your next appointment. Congratulations on your breast augmentation good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

10 days post op

It takes several months for your implants to settle down . After surgery in a submuscular plane the implants almost always ride high for several months. It may take 4-6 months to acheive your final result.Nipple sensitivity is not unusal. Always feel free to address these issues with your plastic surgeon.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Is something wrong?

Nipple sensitivity and slight breast asymmetry is very common immediately following breast augmentaion.  It can take several months for breast implants to completely drop into position.  This sounds like a normal recovery.   But, as always, if there are any concerns, don't be afraid to contact your plastic surgeon. 

Joseph Franklin, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

Normal post op recovery

I agree this is a normal post op course. The nice thing is that those with nipple hypersensitivity this early usually have early return of full sensation. 

Everything you describe sounds completely normal to 10 days post op. But as always, if you are truly concerned contact your surgeon as an on line consultation does not come close to what your doctor can tell you. 

I I hope this helps

Melinda Haws, MD

Breast Augmentation Recovery

It is totally normal to still be having pain so early in your recovery. It generally takes 3-6 months for your new breasts to fully heal and drop/settle. It's also common for your breasts to heal/drop at different rates. Obviously, your surgeon will truly be able to put your fears to rest when he or she examines you in person tomorrow. 

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Speak to your plastic surgeon

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, you should speak to your plastic surgeon. Online consultants are not the appropriate source of information for you; your plastic surgeon should be your resource when it comes to postoperative concerns.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon