Uneven sutures after asian double eyelid surgery. (photo)

I had asian double eyelid surgery done about 3 days ago. Right after the surgery I noticed that the sutures were uneven. One eyelid looks very tapered and the other one looks kind of parallel. I was wondering if it will heal unevenly like this because I'm very afraid that it will heal asymmetrically. And in the event that it will heal asymmetrically like this, how easy is it to get it fixed to become symmetrical again and how soon can i get it fixed?

Will I healing symmetrically after Asian eyelid surgery

From your photos it looks like you'll probably heal well. Things always look a little asymmetric during the healing process after Asian eyelid surgery. I think the only thing you have to be concerned about is how defined the creases are with time. Very early so try to relax and just follow-up closely with your surgeon.

Chase Lay, MD

Asian eyelid surgery specialist

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing takes time

Hi there,
With this type of surgery, it's important to be patient to see the final results - 3 days post op is still way too early to predict the results of your surgery. Your concerns are relatively common at this stage and not anything to worry about. Swelling tends to subside after the first week or so. Also, remember that the scars will heal in the coming weeks and months, so the whole process is more like a marathon than a sprint to the finish line. You should be quite satisfied with your results in the long run. If you feel concerned over your progress, I would suggest booking an appointment with your plastic surgeon as he/she would be the best person to provide you with accurate information on your healing progress.

Good luck!

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven suture placement after Asian blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question.  It's common to have some minor asymmetry and/or slightly different suture placement between two eyelids after eyelid surgery.  This is because most eyelids are not completely symmetric to begin with preoperatively. And early post-operative swelling can make the eyelids look very uneven because they may not swell up the same way. Since it has only been 3 days post-op, the asymmetry you see now will most likely improve with time.  In the event that the asymmetry persists, a minor revision can be performed after 6 months  and should be relatively straight forward.  Good luck!Goretti H. Taghva MD

Goretti Ho Taghva, MD