Sharp pain at anchor incision 4 weeks post. Has the hematoma moved, or could it be a spitting suture? (Photo)

I had a pocket revision on my left breast 4 weeks ago. Since then I developed some hardening towards the verticle incision. I was told it was old blood and to massage it. I did that for a while and that did not do the trick. Towards the anchor part I feel a gumball size hematoma. PS inserted needled and squeezed some old blood out then told me to keep massaging. Now, underneath the anchor incision it is red and feels inflamed. Has the hemotoma moved down or could this be a spitting suture?

Pain after breast surgery

After surgery, you will have some pain, discomfort, and swelling within the tissue.  It will take time for the tissue to soften up.  Discuss this with your plastic surgeon and continue to follow your given instructions.  Good luck.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Delayed healing

It is hard to tell from looking at a photo and without feeling the area just what's going on. By history, it sounds like scar tissue has formed around the cavity representing the hematoma and I would agree with what your plastic surgeon said in time and pressure from massage would resolve this. I would stick with his or her recommendations. Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Sharp pain at anchor incision 4 weeks post. Has the hematoma moved, or could it be a spitting suture?

Because of the issues you need healing time to allow the tissues to soften and mature......................