Getting lift and augmentation. Is there hope for me? (Photo)

I have waited 50 years to do this. Found a great doc. I am elderly so NO under muscle for me. Lift first. Heal. Implants at 3 months. Anchor lift. Texturized anatomical implants. Very excited. As I have no crease, will the implant create one so you can't see the scar? Thanks!

Breast Lift Scars

Consult with a highly experienced board certified plastic surgeon to discuss scars.  You will have scars with a breast lift  The implant can go in through one of the breast lift scars, so an additional scar will not be needed.  Best wishes for your surgery.  

Lift and implants

You should be a good candidate for a breast lift with implants.  In my opinion this could be done safely in one operation.  To add more fullness to your upper breast you might consider a round shape vs anatomical.  Good luck!

Getting lift and augmentation. Is there hope for me?

Thank you for your question.  Although this is an acceptable plan, it would probably give you more scarring and an additional operation.  An additional operation under general anesthesia is always something to think about if you're elderly.  I would suggest to consider a breast lift with implants in one operation.  Be sure to consult with several experienced board certified plastic surgeons.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Getting Lift and augmentation- is there hope?

You appear from your picture to be a good candidate for an augmentation with a lift.  This can be done at the same time or separately.  Actually you do have a crease, it's is just underneath your breast and is a good place to hide an implant incision although you will need more incisions  (keyhole or anchor) to lift your breast.  Good luck.

Breast lift scars

I would make sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon, and discuss breast lift scar options.    For any considerable breast lift ( or mastopexy)  a vertical scar is usually necessary.  Circum-areolar, or a doughnut lift, will only give moderate nipple areolar complex elevation.    I reserve these for only mild lifts.  I typically try to avoid an anchor scar for  the vast majority of most breast lifts I do.   For significant lifts,  I prefer a lollipop, circum-vertical, or circum-vertical with lateral inframammary fold extension.   Either way,  if your board certified plastic surgeon plans to use a lollipop or anchor scar (or anchor lift) – the most visible portion of the scar will not be in the crease, but going vertically down the breast below the nipple/areola.  I always spend time discussing this, and viewing pictures of scars prior.   This is an important scar to grasp mentally prior to surgery.    Make sure your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.

Joshua Lampert, MD,FACS

There is hope for you

And it sounds like your surgeon has chosen a conservative approach. Staging the lift and augmentation procedure will enable your surgeon to have a more predictable outcome. As for anchor lift and textured anatomical implants, those both seem like reasonable choices for you also based upon your pictures. Good luck with your upcoming surgery.