I have my 1st consult next week. I'm thinking of the mommy makeover. What do I need to make that happen? (photos)

I've included me, what I like, and don't like. How do I get there? I want big! But soft looking. They began as b & went up to d with pregnancy. That was years ago, now I've lost about 60lbs & they're deflated. What do I need to achieve a similar result to the beautiful breasts that I've shown you? (I want to avoid excessive sagging later on though.) I want to fix my abs too. I'm scared of a tummy tuck. Is a mini tuck or coolsculpting even an option for me? (I'm not worried about the tattoo.)

Mommy makeover

Based on your photos you appear to be a great candidate for a mommy makeover.  I think if you want a full, lifted look you will probably want to consider a lift in addition to implants.  Your tattoo will most likely be impacted from the tummy tuck scar, whether you have full or a mini tuck.  I don't think cool sculpting will give you the results you are looking for based on the photo of the abs on the "Wish List".  Bring your photos along to your consultation.  Your surgeon can examine you and help you create a plan to achieve your surgical goals.  Please remember, it is important to know that your body is unique.  Surgeons can't recreate a look, but the photos are helpful in order to get an idea of the type of look you desire.  Best wishes!

Seeking a Surgeon & Approximate Costs of a Mommy Makeover

A Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.   The costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees.  Also, such #combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with Mommy Makeovers. Therefore, if you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor. Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.    Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mommy Makeover

You can achieve the look that you're going for. It'll probably take a lift along with implants and although relatively few woman are good candidates for a mini-tummy tuck, from your pictures I think that might be a good option for you. Be careful when choosing implant size. Although large implants may give you the look that you want, they are also heavier and more prone to result in sagging over the long term. Cool Sculpting probably won't help you that much. It can decrease some of the excess fat under the skin but it does very little to help the skin tighten up. A non-invasive, non-surgical option you could consider would be Exilis. This in-office treatment can not only reduce fat from under the skin but can also cause a significant tightening of the skin.Although the pictures (of you) are helpful, the best way to find out what the options are and what you can realistically expect for results from the different procedures is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Seek the consultation of a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. They have a website listing all the certified plastic surgeons. Members of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery will all be board certified in plastic surgery and have demonstrated an interest and competence in cosmetic plastic surgery as well.Best Wishes!

Alexander G. Nein, MD, MS, FACS

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for including photographs from different angles and distances!  You are truly an ideal candidate for a mommy makeover and would anticipate fantastic cosmetic results!  First, I would recommend breast augmentation with a lift.  Implants alone will not give you any meaningful improvement in nipple position, or the excess skin that is typical of sagging breasts.  Be aware that there is a certain maximum size implant that can safely be placed at the time of a breast lift, since you are also reducing the skin of the breast.  Large, full, soft breasts are achievable, but there is a limit.  Silicone implants will be more suitable than saline for you, especially since you articulate your desire for a "soft" look and feel.  Also remember that the weight of the implant over time can increase the sagging.  With respect to your abdomen, you appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck (although a thorough physical exam should be done to assess the amount of laxity and skin excess at the abdomen).  Liposuction and CoolSculpt, both effective methods to improve the abdominal area, would not be suitable for you because of the stretch marks and likely overall excess/laxity of the skin.  It is often possible to combine these procedures under one anesthetic for one healing period!  My best advice is to see a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience with the wide range of procedures that potentially constitute a mommy makeover, and have a thorough consultation and examination.  Best wishes for a beautiful result so that you are an even more beautiful Mommy!

Mommy Makeover "ideals"

Thnx for the question and pics.  Coolsculpting will not reverse the stretch marks or tighten the skin, like your ideal tummy.  On the other hand, a lipoabdominoplasty (lipo of the hips with short scar) will give you a more predictable, long term solution to your body contouring goals.   With respect to your breasts, you could choose a BA/BL with smooth silicone gel implants or BA with anatomical textured cohesive gels, if you wished to avoid extensive scars.  

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Dr derby

You are a great candidate for a Mommy Make over, i would suggest lipo all around (TT optional) and BBL and Breat augmentation. Best is always to have a personal evaluation with a surgeon.  Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a Mommy Makeover. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Mommy makeover expectations

Thank you for sharing all of that information and the pictures of what sort of results you are looking for. Looking at the pictures of you, you look like a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover. However, I would need to examine you in person to give you my definite recommendations. You will definitely benefit from a breast lift with augmentation. You should use silicone implants to get that "softer" look and feel you want. During a consultation you can try on different implant sizes to see which size will give you the fullness you want. Unfortunately CoolSculpting will not provide you with the results you want for your abdomen. The best way to get a flat stomach will be to have a tummy tuck combined with liposuction. However, I strongly recommend you consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in mommy makeover procedures who can explain the tummy tuck to you in more detail and help you feel more comfortable with it. You want to enter your surgery feeling 100% confident in your surgeon and the procedures he is about to perform for you. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question and set of photos. The ideal way to get the best advice is with an in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. For your breasts you would be best served with a combination of breast lift with augmentation.  The parameters of both the breast lift and the position of the breast implants should be designed to keep the implants relatively low while lifting the breast tissue and nipple to sit directly over the implants. A tummy tuck will flatten the abdomen, cinch in the waist, and remove excess fat and skin from the lower abdomen, liposuction to your waist will  give you a lean appearance and accentuate the hour glass figure. Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

I'm thinking of the mommy makeover. What do I need to make that happen?

Thank you for your question and photos.  It is a benefit when a patient has an idea of their goals.  Having a goal is good to help the patient and surgeon to understand the desires and tradeoffs of choices.  I would start with a face to face consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in breast and body surgery. During your visit your surgeon should be evaluating your health to determine if you are a good surgical candidate and examining your tissues to get a sense of what type of procedure your tissues will allow. Only with a hands on exam can this be determined. During the consult you and the surgeon should be understanding of the goals and realistic outcomes of your choices. Once an exam and opinion is rendered then you can decide if surgery is right for you. Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon